writer. Daniel Way
artist. Shawn Crystal
Synopsis: after shooting himself in the head, Deadpool [Wade Wilson] has a vision of himself as a pirate, and now is spending his massive fortune making that dream come true (much to the joy of two Russian boat merchants). Hiring Bob, Agent of HYDRA as his one man crew and pirate parrot, Deadpool sets off for Jallarka, a fabulously rich island, owned by an oil baron from the 70's. He intends to be the Scourge of the seas! Arriving at the island, Bob needs a hospital for getting scurvy; Deadpool meets an attractive and blind travel guide; who he hires as his navigator!
~ cliffhanger: another group of pirates invade the island, lead by Wackbeard the Pirate! Meanwhile Deadpool is going to teach Bob another lesson... with his teaching stick! [grade: B+]
1. Russian: You are like demented clown, sent from heaven on wings of angel!
2. pretty much the ENTIRE Bob/pirate/teaching stick/Squaaaawwwk scene. BRILLIANT!!!
3. French! Frenchity French- FRENCH!
4. Blind Girl: You smell like bullets and taco meat.
1. when the Russian's realise Deadpool wants to buy the itty-bitty fishing boat!
2. Bob thinking the little pirate ship is the most beautiful thing he's ever seen.
Deadpool: Yes, Bob. Yes it is. No kissing.
Bob: I wasn't-
Deadpool: Yes, you were.
3. Deadpool: Hey, y'know what money can buy? A solid gold gun. That shoots diamond bullets. I call it "the Compensator" -- whatta ya think?
4. Six weeks later...
5. Insisting that he take Bob to a vet!
1. no reference to Blind Al after meeting the blind girl. Hope it happens next issue :D
Another fantastically pointless, and delightfully amusing issue by Daniel Way; having Deadpool do what he does best: hysterically random and mindlessly silly things, that make me chuckle to no end. Oh my god, I had so much fun reading this issue! HY-STERICAL!
~ rating: 5 out of 5 [grade: A]
- who was the guy Bob was working for at the start? And WHY did we have to watch on the toilet?
« Back to index
This website, its operator, and any content contained on this site relating to are not authorized by Marvel Entertainmant Group. This site is not sponsored, approved or authorized by Marvel Entertainmant Group. The opinions of this site are not necessarily those of Marvel Entertainmant Group and this site is not an authoratative voice of the views of Deadpool and any supporting cast members, and characters and situations as written by Marvel Entertainmant Group. This site serves as a non-profit scholarly work which reviews, promotes, and documents the elements of Deadpool and any supporting cast members in comic books and other media during the 21st century and beyond. All ideas in this site are expressed as a continuation of thought covering the pop culture associated with Deadpool and any supporting cast members These thoughts are not necessarily the ideas of Marvel Entertainmant Group. Some illustrations and words are the creation of others that may or may not have appeared in other publications or websites. Their inclusion in this site is not intended as an infringement of their copyright in any way, but rather is done in the interest of documenting and reviewing pieces of pop culture "comic book" history. Deadpool and any supporting cast members and other related properties and images are � by Marvel Entertainmant Group.
This Message Board owned and operated by: Mitch Taylor (Irn12)