[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Peter Racine Fricker
I certainly enjoyed studying his Variations op. 31 for piano in my university days, though I haven't refreshed my memory for a long while. My piano professor at Edinburgh, Colin Kingsley, knew Fricker personally, had studied several of his works with him and later, when Fricker's reputation was declining, commissioned a further piano work from him. He should have been invited to set all this music down on record - Kingsley's only record was some White sonatas on Lyrita as far as I know - but of course wasn't. He did record much (all?) of Fricker's solo piano music for BBC Scotland so maybe these performances survive somewhere.
- Peter Racine Fricker - John France April 23, 2008, 11:51 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - chris howell April 24, 2008, 8:59 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Jeffrey Davis May 6, 2008, 8:16 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Hubert Culot May 22, 2008, 6:53 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott December 11, 2008, 11:36 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Kevin January 28, 2009, 9:37 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott May 13, 2012, 12:54 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb