[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Peter Racine Fricker
Posted by Jeffrey Davis on May 6, 2008, 8:16 pm, in reply to "Peter Racine Fricker"
Yes, I do agree. The Second Symphony is especially good. I remember it from an old EMI LP, coupled, If I remember correctly, with Robert Simpson's eqally impressive First Symphony (my favourite of Simpson's works) (Boult). That was a good series as it was my way into Edmund Rubbra's music as his Fifth Symphony (Barbirolli) was in the same sries with a wonderful Vaughan Williams Dives and Lazarus and Oboe Concerto. there should be more Fricker. There's a kind of gritty integrity about his music.
- Peter Racine Fricker - John France April 23, 2008, 11:51 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - chris howell April 24, 2008, 8:59 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Jeffrey Davis May 6, 2008, 8:16 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Hubert Culot May 22, 2008, 6:53 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott December 11, 2008, 11:36 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Kevin January 28, 2009, 9:37 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott May 13, 2012, 12:54 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb