[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Peter Racine Fricker
Posted by Hubert Culot on May 22, 2008, 6:53 pm, in reply to "Peter Racine Fricker"
I cannot but agree with all these comments about Fricker's music and its shameful neglect. Some may also remember that his Fifth Symphony (organ and orchestra) was available on a "pirate" label many years ago. It is not his best work, but still worth a hearing. On the other hand, both the Fourth Symphony and Rondeaux (organ and orchestra) are superb and cry out for recording. Who will consider such fine stuff for possible recording, I wonder. A few years ago, CPO recorded Searle's symphonies. They might thus consider Fricker's ones some day. Fricker's music may at times be uneven but the best of it is just splendid.
- Peter Racine Fricker - John France April 23, 2008, 11:51 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - chris howell April 24, 2008, 8:59 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Jeffrey Davis May 6, 2008, 8:16 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Hubert Culot May 22, 2008, 6:53 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott December 11, 2008, 11:36 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Kevin January 28, 2009, 9:37 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott May 13, 2012, 12:54 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb