[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Peter Racine Fricker
I have difficulty with the argument from Chandos and CPO that Fricker "wouldn't sell". CPO issued the Benjamin Frankel and Humphrey Searle symphonies and I cannot really imagine that these two composers are any better known than Fricker. Nor is Fricker's music as 'difficult' as that of Searle. Dutton have done a superb job on behalf of Richard Arnell and while Arnell's music is more accessible than that of Fricker he was hardly a 'household name' to most music lovers! Dutton are also recording the six symphonies of David Matthews-again, splendid works but more commercial than Fricker?
It pains me that there should be such a resurgence of interest in recording the works of composers like York Bowen and other early 20th century composers while such excellent music from the mid-century goes ignored!
- Peter Racine Fricker - John France April 23, 2008, 11:51 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - chris howell April 24, 2008, 8:59 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Jeffrey Davis May 6, 2008, 8:16 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Hubert Culot May 22, 2008, 6:53 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott December 11, 2008, 11:36 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Kevin January 28, 2009, 9:37 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott May 13, 2012, 12:54 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb