Re: Tony Lowry
Posted by stephen austin on September 2, 2009, 1:07 am, in reply to "Re: Tony Lowry"
I always seem to come in at the back end of these sort of discussions, but I must say what a mine of information it has been. In preparing to give a forthcoming series of organ concerts (theatre organ and electronic organ)I was looking for an opening march - different from what everyone else plays. "Down The Mall" - John Belton - has been a favourite of mine for some while, but in rifling through piles of music, I found his "Time Marches On" and "Garrison Theatre". Searching on the internet for some background to the composer, I came across this forum, and discovered that John Belton is Tony Lowry! The mention of Bryan Rodwell brought back memories of my first job in late '60's when I went to Hammond Organ UK as assistant to George Blackmore, Musical Director. Bryan Rodwell was one of the Hammond staff organists and many's the time when I stood by his side watching and listening intently - I wish a bit more had rubbed off on me.
Thanks for this fascinating information
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Tony Lowry - Brian Atwell July 28, 2008, 4:59 am
- Re: Tony Lowry - Len Mullenger July 28, 2008, 8:42 am
- Re: Tony Lowry - Mike Thomson November 27, 2008, 1:33 pm
- Re: Tony Lowry - A.R.Gleason January 13, 2009, 9:54 pm
- Re: Tony Lowry - stephen austin September 2, 2009, 1:07 am
- Re: Tony Lowry - Mike Ruffle June 11, 2013, 9:47 am
« Back to index | View thread »