[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Jay White, alto sax
Posted by ec Roberts on September 22, 2009, 4:19 am, in reply to "Re: Jay White, alto sax"
It would probably help if I had spelled his name properly. Al Gallodoro (sometimes spelled Galladoro) was a great alto sax musician who played well into his 90s and just passed away a few years ago. It was one of his records which introduced me to the sound of the alto sax. That one was of him playing lead and solo alto sax for the London Philharmonic. http://www.algallodoro.com/ http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/al_galladoro_the_passing_of_a_music_master/
The record I had with him and Jay White was an intermingling of cuts of each of them, not them playing together.
- Jay White, alto sax - Donald Clarke June 18, 2007, 2:25 pm
- Re: Jay White, alto sax - Jim D November 14, 2007, 12:41 am
- Re: Jay White, alto sax - Mr. Danny February 13, 2009, 12:39 am
- Re: Jay White, alto sax - Bob A. February 18, 2009, 10:56 pm
- Re: Jay White, alto sax - evan April 24, 2009, 8:36 pm
- Re: Jay White, alto sax - Mike J August 11, 2009, 1:53 am
- Re: Jay White, alto sax - ec Roberts September 20, 2009, 7:11 pm
- Re: Jay White, alto sax - Art Madsen September 30, 2016, 6:55 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb