[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen
Posted by Peter Bright on December 31, 2009, 11:17 am, in reply to "Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen"
Johann has been known as somebody with firmly held opinions for many years through his contributions to the Bach Cantatas music list (http://www.bach-cantatas.com). I tend to disagree with nearly all the reviews he has written (for music with which I am also familiar). Nevertheless, I don't see such strong opinions as a problem - it is good to have these 'alternative' perspectives on music we love, and I welcome reading such diametrically opposed views. I guess that it is unfortunate if people take dogmatic assertions too seriously, but most people (I think) are able to distinguish between balanced and unbalanced reviews...
- Reviews by Johan Van Veen - richard lester December 29, 2009, 9:52 am
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - Martin Walker December 29, 2009, 11:29 am
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - John Quinn December 30, 2009, 12:58 pm
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - richard lester December 30, 2009, 3:40 pm
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - Stevevasta December 31, 2009, 12:33 pm
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - Brian Reinhart December 31, 2009, 5:48 pm
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - Don Satz January 2, 2010, 7:35 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb