[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen
Posted by richard lester on December 31, 2009, 5:35 pm, in reply to "Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen"
My original message was to defend an artist for whom I and many others hold in high regard. One only has to read the accolades from ALL other reviewers of Sharona Joshua's disc to appreciate that. I am grateful for your many comments,even though it seems to have opened a can of worms in some cases. I still find the comment that Scarlatti sonatas on the modern grand are 'musically unsatisfying' and would ask Mr Veen to explain such a sweeping statement please. I enjoy reading the majority of reviews as even if their is adverse criticism, it is given in a courteous and constructive manner. Maybe there is a directness of approach in the Netherlands that we find hard to swallow. I hope though that with the wealth of praise levelled at Miss Joshua's performances, the odd 'hostility'can take its rightful place.
- Reviews by Johan Van Veen - richard lester December 29, 2009, 9:52 am
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - Martin Walker December 29, 2009, 11:29 am
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - John Quinn December 30, 2009, 12:58 pm
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - richard lester December 30, 2009, 3:40 pm
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - Stevevasta December 31, 2009, 12:33 pm
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - Brian Reinhart December 31, 2009, 5:48 pm
- Re: Reviews by Johan Van Veen - Don Satz January 2, 2010, 7:35 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb