[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Peter Racine Fricker
Posted by Peter Shott on May 13, 2012, 12:54 pm, in reply to "Peter Racine Fricker"
Absolutely right, John. In view of the quality of the music I'd say it is not so much "pathetic" that so little (of a pretty substantial worklist) is performed or recorded, but downright scandalous. I see I left a post way back in 2008 to that effect - and not much has happened since. Apart from the fact that quite a few works by PRF's contemporaries have, thankfully, been recorded. But nothing of PRF himself.
I am especially sore at the neglect of the string quartets. I've often contacted quartets who, in my view, could do a fine job of them (e.g. the Maggini, the Edinburgh) and I always get a response along the lines of 'ah, they appear interesting', and then followed by silence. In two weeks time we've been incredibly lucky to have got the Doric playing in our lovely little Suffolk village. They don't know it yet, but after the concert I'm going to batter them with propositions about the Peter Racine Fricker quartets!
- Peter Racine Fricker - John France April 23, 2008, 11:51 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - chris howell April 24, 2008, 8:59 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Jeffrey Davis May 6, 2008, 8:16 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Hubert Culot May 22, 2008, 6:53 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott December 11, 2008, 11:36 pm
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Kevin January 28, 2009, 9:37 am
- Re: Peter Racine Fricker - Peter Shott May 13, 2012, 12:54 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb