[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Posted by Dominy Clements on December 17, 2014, 1:07 pm, in reply to "Re: Grammar"
I believe this entire thread is based on something of a misconception. As far as I know there is a relative 'hands off' policy when it comes to MWI reviews, so inconsistency is down to having a diversity of sources and lack of any strict house style, which would be impossibly cumbersome to impose, highly impractical, and to my mind unwelcome. If any of us spots a howler or inaccuracy (or have it pointed out to us by readers) the editor(s) are swift and cooperative in helping out. They will also point out to us reviewers if the work is not up to standard when it comes to content.
I'm all for correct English usage and resist the word 'got' with every fibre, but have also (for instance) been required to use American spelling by other organisations, which is another form of slow torture for UK natives.
In other words, long live variety and long live the enthusiasm which keeps us all close allies and supporters of MWI. Nobody is perfect, but vitality in the best of creativity often comes from imperfection.
- Grammar - OP December 15, 2014, 10:52 pm
- Re: Grammar - Ralph Moore December 15, 2014, 11:03 pm
- Re: Grammar - Peter December 16, 2014, 12:27 am
- Re: Grammar - Brian Reinhart December 16, 2014, 4:16 am
- Re: Grammar - Ralph Moore December 16, 2014, 1:29 pm
- Re: Grammar - OP December 16, 2014, 5:49 pm
- Re: Grammar - Ralph Moore December 16, 2014, 11:04 pm
- Re: Grammar - Dominy Clements December 17, 2014, 1:07 pm
- Re: Grammar - Bart O'Brien August 29, 2015, 1:27 pm
- Re: Grammar - Ford September 1, 2015, 4:37 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb