Re: Serious Point
Posted by Len Mullenger on June 27, 2015, 10:44 am, in reply to "Serious Point"
I welcome MA’s comments but I would argue that MusicWeb is not a gated community but is completely open to new people who wish to become reviewers or contributors in some other way. Nobody is attacked for dissent. 99% of bulletins are published unaltered. In the last few years there have only been a handful of comments removed from the board. These were all because they were abusive and did not present the sort of reasoned, constructive comments exemplified by MA.
We hold no consensus over what reviewers should say. Each review is individual, with most reviewers not even knowing more than one or two other reviewers. They are scattered throughout the world so from varying backgrounds. Reviews are only lightly edited for stylistic presentation by Rob Barnett, rarely for content. Most reviewers are probably retired as they have the time to write reviews but we do have a wide spread of ages from 22 upwards. I think we probably reflect the people who attend concerts and buy Classical music.
Regarding site design we have been through several changes. MusicWeb has little money so we have not been able to employ professional help but the current offering works well. The site is run by volunteers who have a life of their own as well.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Serious Point - M.A. June 27, 2015, 3:20 am
- Re: Serious Point - John Quinn June 27, 2015, 10:04 am
- Re: Serious Point - Len Mullenger June 27, 2015, 10:44 am
- Re: Serious Point - Chris Howell June 27, 2015, 11:11 am
- Re: Serious Point - Johan van Veen June 27, 2015, 11:18 am
- Re: Serious Point - Ralph Moore June 27, 2015, 11:26 am
- Re: Serious Point - Rob Maynard June 27, 2015, 2:33 pm
- Re: Serious Point - Kirk McElhearn June 27, 2015, 2:42 pm
- Re: Serious Point - Dominy Clements June 27, 2015, 4:01 pm
- Re: Serious Point - Brian Wilson June 27, 2015, 9:27 pm
- Re: Serious Point - paul corfield godfrey June 28, 2015, 11:02 am
- Re: Serious Point - Ford June 29, 2015, 6:01 am
- Re: Serious Point - John Whitmore June 29, 2015, 8:51 am
- Re: Serious Point - M.A. June 30, 2015, 2:25 am
- Re: Serious Point - John Whitmore June 30, 2015, 8:21 am
« Back to index | View thread »