[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Raising the Wind: 1961 film
On the subject of British film scores perhaps someone could help me identify some music used in the 1947 film The Mysterious Mr Nicholson. This crops up now and then on the splendid Talking Pictures free view TV channel where vintage British films feature strongly. One of the incidental pleasures of these films is to spot composers (Arnold and Carwithen for example) employing their talents away from the concert hall - often for crime films.
The music that is puzzling me occurs a few minutes into the film when the murder is first discovered. I suspect that it is 'lifted' from a classical piece written sometime after 1830. But the composer is not identified and it doesn't fit with the rest of the music used.
I know that it is a long shot but I would be grateful if someone could identify this as it is quite impressively 'driven'.
- Raising the Wind: 1961 film - John France September 5, 2015, 9:26 pm
- Re: Raising the Wind: 1961 film - Ted Bundy September 6, 2015, 4:38 pm
- Re: Raising the Wind: 1961 film - Chris Howell September 7, 2015, 7:12 pm
- Re: Raising the Wind: 1961 film - Ted Bundy September 8, 2015, 2:58 am
- Re: Raising the Wind: 1961 film - Gwyn January 27, 2016, 9:53 pm
- Re: Raising the Wind: 1961 film - Terry Hopton January 28, 2016, 10:48 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb