[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Posted by geoff diggines on September 7, 2016, 9:14 am, in reply to "Re: Rattle/Mahler"
Ralph, thanks for your response. Agree with all your criticisms of Rattle. Rattle certainly does not understand Bruckner, as his recent efforts with the LSO (No.8)seem to confirm. I heard him conduct Mozart's Idomeneo some years ago; he achieved something quite amazing; he made Mozart sound dull!The Mahler 7 I mentioned has received rapturous reviews - struggling for superlatives, one from a reviewer I know to be far more critical! Perhaps it's something to do with the Rattle PR Machine out at full throttle ?? I thought online reviewing was supposed to dispense with market-led cronyism?
- Rattle/Mahler - Geoff Diggines September 3, 2016, 11:27 am
- Re: Rattle/Mahler - Ralph Moore September 3, 2016, 3:33 pm
- Re: Rattle/Mahler - Ralph Moore September 3, 2016, 11:26 pm
- Re: Rattle/Mahler - Ford September 5, 2016, 3:02 am
- Re: Rattle/Mahler - geoff diggines September 7, 2016, 9:14 am
- Re: Rattle/Mahler - Sue September 22, 2016, 10:44 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb