[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Alexander Brent-Smith
Posted by Nick Barnard on December 19, 2016, 4:57 pm, in reply to "Re: Alexander Brent-Smith"
David - thankyou so much for your detailed and fascinating contribution. I have been in touch with the RCM library in the past tracking down music and they are friendly and helpful so I'll follow up the Brent-Smith archive then and specifically the possibility of works for quartet.
Crucial question you did NOT answer(!) - did you or Robert consider the music any good and worth reviving? Are there any strong influences, did he have an individual voice?
Thankyou once again for taking the time to add to this thread - much appreciated.
- Alexander Brent-Smith - Nick Barnard December 14, 2016, 11:08 am
- Re: Alexander Brent-Smith - paul corfield godfrey December 14, 2016, 10:56 pm
- Re: Alexander Brent-Smith - Rob Barnett December 15, 2016, 9:37 pm
- Re: Alexander Brent-Smith - Nick Barnard December 15, 2016, 11:52 pm
- Re: Alexander Brent-Smith - John Quinn December 16, 2016, 12:10 pm
- Re: Alexander Brent-Smith - David J Brown December 17, 2016, 11:00 pm
- Re: Alexander Brent-Smith - Nick Barnard December 19, 2016, 4:57 pm
- Re: Alexander Brent-Smith - Simon Deschenes November 19, 2017, 3:39 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb