[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: John Cage
Posted by Stuart Sillitoe on January 24, 2017, 9:01 am, in reply to "Re: John Cage
The idea that John Cage can only be enjoyed by a "small circle of cognoscenti" is erroneous. I can remember attending a concert which included 4'33" many years ago, the talk before the concert was one of derision for the piece, although by half time the conversation had changed from this to one of appreciation, I remember my friends father, who described himself as a "crusty traditionalist" loving the piece and everything that he heard during it! It received rapturous applause from the audience. Perhaps therefore the idea is to experience the piece live and with an open mind and not sat there in your living room.
- John Cage - Dominy Clements April 15, 2014, 2:10 pm
- Re: John Cage - Bill Henderson April 16, 2014, 2:54 am
- Re: John Cage - Frank Manheim January 20, 2017, 5:05 pm
- Re: John Cage - Dominy Clements January 20, 2017, 7:23 pm
- Re: John Cage - Stuart Sillitoe January 24, 2017, 9:01 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb