[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Worst booklet notes you've seen
Posted by Jeffrey Davis on July 21, 2017, 10:49 pm, in reply to "Re: Worst booklet notes you've seen"
I agree with Colin about the unintelligible CPO translated notes. Often I've waded through pages of them and failed to find basic information like the date of the composition. Recently I was delighted to find that Warner were reissuing some classic EMI LPs on CD with their original LP cover art. As a nostalgia wallower I immediately snapped up three - Boult's EMI Vaughan Williams recordings of Symphony 8 with the fine Concerto for Two Pianos and Symphony 9 with the craggy 'Fantasia on the Old 104th' along with Previn's fine first LSO recording of Shostakovich's 8th Symphony. I'm sure that the notes were excellent but, unfortunately for me, they were all in Japanese.
- Worst booklet notes you've seen - Brian Reinhart February 9, 2016, 2:30 pm
- Re: Worst booklet notes you've seen - Johan van Veen February 9, 2016, 6:40 pm
- Re: Worst booklet notes you've seen - Marc Bridle February 10, 2016, 11:14 am
- Re: Worst booklet notes you've seen - Colin Mackie February 10, 2016, 12:06 pm
- Re: Worst booklet notes you've seen - Colin Mackie June 3, 2016, 8:48 pm
- Re: Worst booklet notes you've seen - Stuart June 8, 2016, 4:46 pm
- Re: Worst booklet notes you've seen - David Barker June 28, 2017, 9:02 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb