[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Shostakovich 11
Posted by dieter barkhoff on January 27, 2018, 11:52 pm, in reply to "Shostakovich 11
That's the crux of all kinds of appreciation, isn't it? One man's candy, another man's onion.I love the 6th, it sounds like a very personal work. And in the last movement it heads off in a totally unexpected direction.
I've come to love the 4th just about more than any of the other 14. And the more I hear the 8th the less I like it. There are too many moments which for me begin to veer into the 'Programme' music canyon.
- Shostakovich 11 - dieter barkhoff January 26, 2018, 11:02 pm
- Re: Shostakovich 11 - Dan Morgan January 27, 2018, 7:46 pm
- Re: Shostakovich 11 - dieter barkhoff January 27, 2018, 11:52 pm
- Re: Shostakovich 11 - paul corfield godfrey January 29, 2018, 12:05 pm
- Re: Shostakovich 11 - Lee Denham February 1, 2018, 3:13 pm
- Re: Shostakovich 11 - dieter barkhoff March 2, 2018, 11:03 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb