[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Rattle again!
I was refraining from yet again putting the boot in regarding Rattle as I have previously done several times in this forum, but Dieter's posting prompts me to endorse his observations. He has produced no recordings of distinction during his tenure at the helm of the BPO and has clearly done his best to eradicate any vestiges of the famous Klang remaining after the dismal latter years of Abbado's reign. I know of no experienced fellow music-lovers who really rate him as a conductor and it is clear that interpretatively he has nothing of note to say about the cornerstone repertoire. He clearly did not gain the hearts of his orchestra and I fear his impact upon the LSO and their programming when he takes over later this year. Vasily Pterenko, Jurowski, Gardiner, Elder,Pappano and several other British-based conductors clearly have so much more to say about the music they conduct. I have never forgotten the fleeting panic which flashed through Rattle's eyes when in an interview he was asked about the "spirituality" of Bruckner's music.
- Rattle again! - Geoff Diggines August 27, 2018, 11:46 am
- Re: Rattle again! - Ford August 28, 2018, 2:53 am
- Re: Rattle again! - Colin Mackie August 28, 2018, 5:30 pm
- Re: Rattle again! - Geoff Diggines August 30, 2018, 8:31 am
- Re: Rattle again! - Dieter Barkhoff August 30, 2018, 8:54 am
- Re: Rattle again! - Ralph Moore August 30, 2018, 10:51 pm
- Re: Rattle again! - Marc September 4, 2018, 8:28 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb