[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Elektra Survey
Yes, Dieter; I am so aware of that disparity in our reactions whenever I do a survey or even a single review, but am also heartened by the fact that the educated MWI reader and contributor understands the very disparity you describe. I do not find Mr Hurwitz to be a reliable critic - which of course means that I rarely agree with him - but then, while I share your veneration for Furtwaengler - and would add Knappertsbusch to that category - I am mystified by, for example, my colleagues' encomia for - let's say, for example - anything by Peter Schreier or Ian Bostridge, whose tenors I cannot abide. We are lucky to have the choices, I guess. I am glad you enjoy the exchanges.
- Elektra Survey - Marc December 21, 2018, 9:53 am
- Re: Elektra Survey - Tony Haywood December 21, 2018, 10:32 am
- Re: Elektra Survey - Ralph Moore December 21, 2018, 7:38 pm
- Re: Elektra Survey - Steve Jennings December 22, 2018, 9:58 pm
- Re: Elektra Survey - Ralph Moore December 23, 2018, 12:29 am
- Re: Elektra Survey - dieter barkhoff December 26, 2018, 12:02 am
- Re: Elektra Survey - Ralph Moore December 26, 2018, 10:30 am
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb