[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: The 'recommended' label
I'm quite new to MWI and have only used the old 'Record of the Month' appellation three or four times. I can think of one recording (the long-awaited Hyperion disc of the Bronsart and Urspruch pc's) of which I was extremely enthusiastic about one concerto and pretty dismissive of the other. I sought advice, and was told that unless I could be enthusiastic about ALL aspects of the CD, then a ROM designation was not acceptable. I thought that this was a pity, because I had awaited a new recording of the Bronsart for decades, but I have to accept that the editors are in charge. Consequently, when the new system emerged, I was content, because the editorial team can read my comments and make up their own minds as to the worthiness of the CD under review. Thus,they can ensure that the 'gold standard' is maintained.
- The 'recommended' label - Peter Shott January 2, 2019, 12:09 am
- Re: The 'recommended' label - Len Mullenger January 2, 2019, 3:47 pm
- Re: The 'recommended' label - Peter Shott January 2, 2019, 6:06 pm
- Re: The 'recommended' label - nick barnard January 9, 2019, 11:24 pm
- Re: The 'recommended' label - dhekelia January 24, 2019, 6:02 am
- Re: The 'recommended' label - Jim Westhead January 29, 2019, 3:11 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb