[ Post a Response | BAEN Message Board ]
The best way to put on weight?
Posted by Racefit on 5/15/2012, 1:16 pm
My mare is very fit but a little on the lean side. She is fed 3 times a day, alfalfa, grass, grass. She gets 3 cups (ea.cup8oz) of grain during the day & one more at night. I just started giving an extra flake or so. |
Nervous to up the grain.
Suggestions welcome. Yes utd on shots, teeth, etc. Thanks!
- Yes, more hay should do the trick. Do - sts 5/15/2012, 1:34 pm
- Re: The best way to put on weight? - skc977 5/15/2012, 2:19 pm
- I have been feeding Renew Gold - Shyhorsegrl 5/15/2012, 2:46 pm
- Beet pulp - liser2 5/15/2012, 3:04 pm
- Love Rice Bran - saddleup 5/15/2012, 3:09 pm
- Maybe also try Cool Stance? - Guinny1 5/15/2012, 5:37 pm
- I use both beet pulp and rice bran - cshunter86 5/15/2012, 7:54 pm
- weigh your hay - Sally 5/15/2012, 8:12 pm
- Re: The best way to put on weight? - Chrisncab 5/16/2012, 11:25 am
- CocoSoya - TBJMPR2 5/16/2012, 11:44 am
- Very Fit? what do you do with her? - mary bluepony 5/21/2012, 10:43 am
- Re: The best way to put on weight? - LakotaSioux 5/26/2012, 7:14 pm