Friends Supporting Friends
[ Reply | Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
All that you wrote about are the things I am 'pondering.'
The money part and the scheduling part shouldn't be an issue anymore. For one, I took money out of the house equity (hated doing it!) and paid off all my bills. Also, the reason they haven't even posted my job yet (THREE MONTHS!) is because they are re-working the job description to better match what therapists do. That job description doesn't even exist in our clinic. The therapists after I came on board were responding to a job listing for a Case Manager which is a totally different thing. The original job posting that I responded to was for someone to create the program. Revamping job descriptions at this hospital can literally take 6 months or longer. They have been working on this for almost a year as I was trying to get it changed while I was there for the salary adjustment. When I left, it became more urgent. Jenee and I told them what the job description HAD to include from a licensing perspective. A month after I left, they came up with one that was all wrong and it had to be pulled and they are back to the drawing board! Long story, not-so-short, is the new salary should closely match what I'm making now IF they ever get the damn posting up. In fact, even if I pursue this and if they agree to it, I will still have to wait for the new posting and apply for the position.
Schedule-wise, I can make that happen any way I want it to. I worked the long hours so I could have Mondays off and just go my private practice Monday night. I could work that out how ever I want to.
The main issues are the other ones you mentioned. Will the docs protect me enough from her? The mess there in the Case Manager section is still an awful, awful mess.
Still thinking all of this through.