He decided not to go back to Mazda in the meantime. They wanted him to train his replacement but he knows it will be months before they find / train someone. He decided not to go back into the fire which I completely understand.
Right now at the radio, we have 1 gal on mat leave and another guy on sick leave. There's just 3 of us doing the day shifts. I feel like if I turn it down as a part timer the weight would be on the other 2 and I don't want to do that right now. With my surgery coming up, I'll be out 3-6 weeks (3 in my head at the most!) so I want to "save" that for then.
I am off Dec 24 / 25 then Jan 1. The sick leave guy should be back Jan 7 so then I'd only be working Saturdays again.