Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by shirley on 7/28/2017, 6:31 am
Posted by Delta on 7/28/2017, 12:20 pm, in reply to "Friday's thankfuls!"
Sitting by the window watching the slow rain. We had rain last night too. We need it so badly. |
Haven't heard of any damage from the tornado yesterday. A little pop-up afternoon storm suddenly had weather radios going off for a tornado nearby. If it touched down it was in a rural area and didn't travel.
Trying out the deep water and the shallow water aerobics classes at the gym. Fun!
Having all four of my grandkids here this week. I enjoy them so much.
My son is planning a cookout/swim//before school get together/collective birthday party for tomorrow. My daughter's birthday was yesterday, mine Sunday, his FIL Monday and his wife the first part of August so it all works out well to not have a lot of going out to eat since everyone seems to be trying to not eat out so much. He plans to cook a healthy meal.
Posted by Krista on 7/29/2017, 7:18 am, in reply to " Friday Gratitudes"
To YOU and to all of you |
Posted by Cindy on 7/28/2017, 9:52 am, in reply to "Friday's thankfuls!"
1. Feeling much better this morning. Came home from work FREEZING yesterday and was running a fever. Bundled up and slept all evening and woke up feeling better around 10. Thankful it seems to have passed. |
2. Taking a vacation day today. We are just last minute details away from being done with the rental and will turn it over to the management guy on Monday.
3. Adam got a second job! Praise God! He really needed this. He starts this morning.
4. A program that works and the willingness to work it.
5. This day and all it has to offer!
Posted by Delta on 7/28/2017, 12:34 pm, in reply to "My five..."
whatever it was seems to have passed. Also happy about Adam's second job. |
Thank you Delta...
Posted by Cindy on 7/28/2017, 3:50 pm, in reply to "Glad that "
I hadn't been sick on a long time. |
Glad to hear ...
Posted by Krista on 7/28/2017, 11:00 am, in reply to "My five..."
... that you're feeling better. Wonderful news re the rental and congrats to Adam on his new / second job.|
Thank you Krista...
Posted by Cindy on 7/28/2017, 11:14 am, in reply to "Glad to hear ... "
I haven't been sick in a long time! Adam went to his new job this morning and was so excited! I'm glad this will help take some of his financial stress off of him. |
Posted by Beverly on 7/28/2017, 8:10 am, in reply to "Friday's thankfuls!"
- got to see Alex swim at this swim meet - fun to see |
- Maya has a sweet soft soul at the same time as being silly & sassy (in a good way sassy)
- Maxie insisted that I sleep with him - we told each other silly stories in bed
- yesterday I had food sanity - first time in forever that I didn't binge or go sugar crazy away from home. So grateful
- Mike & Megs home looks so nice.
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
So proud of
Posted by Delta on 7/28/2017, 12:33 pm, in reply to "me"
you for food sanity when not at home! That is a big step AND it lets you know you can. I love hearing about you and those grands! Don't guess I have to say it but I will anyway. Have a great time.|
Posted by Krista on 7/28/2017, 11:01 am, in reply to "me"
Love hearing about you with the grandkids |
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 7/28/2017, 7:07 am, in reply to "Friday's thankfuls!"
1) seeing Shirley posting her grats - started MY day with a smile too |
2) Ray is thoughtful and asked if Dad and Paul would like to come over for supper on Sunday. He's going to slow-BBQ a roast beef (4 hours) with woodchips. MmMmm!
3) we spent the day outside yesterday cleaning up the yard and burned old tree branches and bushes and old wood for hours. Felt great to get that accomplished!
4) early morning newspaper delivery. Yup, we still get the physical paper
5) a great first week of vacation for Ray
Posted by Delta on 7/28/2017, 12:31 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
get a real newspaper every weekday. I tried the digital and I hated it. I have gotten used to digital books and will use them as a carry along; though I still love the feel, the smell, the actual page turning of real books, but digital newspapers and magazines still drive me spare. Have fun and enjoy your family at the BBQ.|
I only read paper books too :)
Posted by Krista on 7/29/2017, 7:19 am, in reply to "We still "
I've never tried books on the "kindle" or whatever techology. I shouldn't knock it but I just love the feel of a book.|
Krista - we get the morning paper too.
Posted by Beverly on 7/28/2017, 8:03 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
fewer & fewer people do this..|
Posted by shirley on 7/28/2017, 6:40 am, in reply to "Friday's thankfuls!"
Starbuck's French roast...so good |
Had a rough fall yesterday and am banged up but nothing is broken...so grateful
new gowns...first ones i've bought in years
even when its close to 100 outside, i can cut the air off at night and use the fan and am fine. it stays cool in here because i am in between apts that cooled and that affects mine...grateful
storms today but not dangerous ones...just going to hang out here and take it easy after that fall.
friends...Beth is coming tonight
my new lazboy recliner i ordered. it won't be here until September but will be worth the wait.
It sounds as if the
Posted by Delta on 7/28/2017, 12:28 pm, in reply to "mine"
new apartment is going to be economical. We used to have an apartment that we only needed heating and cooling during the very worst of weather because of the ambient heat/cool from other apartments. |
I am grateful that you were not hurt worse in the fall even though it still sounds painful and scary. Mom's doctor prescribed her one of those scooters for when she is out because he was afraid that other people would make her fall. Her Medicare paid for it 100%. She still walks at home and other safer places.
Have fun with Beth!
Posted by Cindy on 7/28/2017, 11:17 am, in reply to "mine"
I am so sorry to hear you fell! Glad you are doing okay. I'm sure you will be sore for a few days though! I posted below asking about your new address. And for some reason my emails haven't been going through. Did you get a new email address? If so and you are comfortable sharing it with me, would love to have it. |
Posted by shirley on 7/29/2017, 11:08 am, in reply to "Shirley..."
Have a nice time with Beth!
Posted by Krista on 7/28/2017, 11:02 am, in reply to "mine"
And hope you're feeling better after your tumble! Take care!|
Posted by Beverly on 7/28/2017, 8:05 am, in reply to "mine"
I am so very glad that you are not injured from the fall.|
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]