Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Sunday Grats - what are YOU blessed with today? nt
Posted by Krista on 7/30/2017, 8:35 am
Posted by Delta on 7/30/2017, 5:32 pm, in reply to "Sunday Grats - what are YOU blessed with today? nt"
So many birthday wishes, both here and in real life. Most of the time everyone but my kids forget. My husband even celebrates June 30 most years for some reason, which was my best friend's birthday so after he realized his mistake we always pretended that it was intentionally for my friend, then he forgot by the end of July, so this year feels kinda special. |
The get together my son and DIL hosted yesterday for both extended families was fun.
The weather yesterday was perfect. A cold front came through with the rain the day before so the temps were like I remember the weather in my childhood being. I loved it.
My DIL is the best at picking out gifts for people. Her gifts are always perfect for the person she is buying them for and she generally gets them at a good bargain to boot. I wish I had that knack.
Someone gave me a good sized selection of decorator fabric samples years ago. I have considered making some kind of purses or something out of them, but they are too small to make anything very big. I found a pattern online, and free no less, for an organizer/wristlet/clutch with some pockets and several slots for credit cards. The outside uses two different materials. I found that it was the perfect size to fit the deco fabrics. I found enough that coordinated to make 7 and I had enough fabrics for the card slots and lining for all of them that coordinates beautifully. Can't wait to get started tomorrow.
Posted by Beverly on 7/30/2017, 9:03 am, in reply to "Sunday Grats - what are YOU blessed with today? nt"
- home sweet home - we got home last night shortly after midnight. Good visit at Mikes. Yesterday - we took the littles to their swim class. My highlight of the day - having a dance party in the kitchen with 'Alexa' providing the music. |
- enjoying new floor - grateful
- retirement party yesterday afternoon at the Peanut Barrel (restaurant/bar near MSU campus owned by Meg's family)Saw LOTS of folks I had not seen in a long time. Meg has been transitioning into taking over these past years.
- Mike quit smoking!! Used the patch
- did mostly well with my food while in Michigan. Saturday night I caved into some sugary things. But - grateful I got back on track yesterday.
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
Re: Sunday Grats - what are YOU blessed with today? nt
Posted by Paula on 7/30/2017, 9:01 am, in reply to "Sunday Grats - what are YOU blessed with today? nt"
At the Boston airport hoping to get on the 8:55 AM flight. Standby right now. Original flight was for 8:55 tonight. Traffic coming off the Cape is really bad on Sundays because most rentals are Sunday to Sunday. I got up at 4 and was in my way by 4:45. Hope I get on the early plane. Otherwise it's going to be a long day at the airport. |
Great time on the Cape
Conference was ok. I did cone home with some new ideas
New therapist starts tomorrow so my life will be much easier
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 7/30/2017, 8:38 am, in reply to "Sunday Grats - what are YOU blessed with today? nt"
1) Shirley is getting baptized today in the water at her church. I wish I could be there to witness this! Shirley, can there be pics shared!?!? I'm so excited for you! |
2) Dad and Paul are coming for a meal tonight. Ray has been marinating a roast over night and will slow-cook it over woodchips for 5 hours today on the BBQ. We'll have whipped potatoes, tarragon carrots (also done on the BBQ) and chicken wings (odd menu eh?) as an app
3) GORGEOUS days! The weather has been amazing and we're supposed to have sun for at least the next 4-5 days. WoOohOooO! BRING IT ON!
4) Ray's relaxing a lot on his vacation and even sleeping in - unheard of
5) I'm getting Ray and Paul to bring my recumbent bike up from the basement today and putting it OUTSIDE where there is a much better chance I will use it
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]