Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Hump Day Grats! nt
Posted by Krista on 9/13/2017, 6:48 am
Posted by Delta on 9/13/2017, 5:28 pm, in reply to "Hump Day Grats! nt"
My daughter asked me to make her a quilt today. Totally out of character for her. |
That I already have a quilt top cut out ready to be sewn together for my daughter and have already bought the backing and filler. I started a quilt as a Christmas present a few years back but she totally wasn't interested at the time when I would talk about quilts so I never finished it. It's her favorite colors and a pattern that she saw in one of my quilting mags that she said she liked. Her commenting on the picture is what got me started making it, to begin with. I can have this baby together and quilted in a couple of weeks. Gotta work on my purse sew-along this week.
Support groups. Have joined several groups that support my addiction to quilting and purse making and help to fan the flames. LOL Feels so good to come back to this love after years of not doing too much.
The taste of fall we got yesterday. It struggled to get up to 63F here. It didn't even get out of the 50s where Mom lives. I love temps in the 50s-low 70s. We generally don't see many of them in the spring when it goes from cold to hot quickly, but fall is a bit more generous with nice days.
The tortilla soup I made yesterday. It was super easy and the whole family complimented me at least twice. Without the tortillas, it is very healthy and I use low carb tortillas to make my own strips for it, being a bit stingy so that my husband stays within a good range of carbs when he eats it and giving other more choices. This will be a keeper.
Wonderful re the quilt!
Posted by Krista on 9/14/2017, 10:32 am, in reply to "Wednesday Gratitudes"
Meant to be That's wonderful! |
Can you share the recipe
Posted by shirley on 9/14/2017, 10:14 am, in reply to "Wednesday Gratitudes"
Posted by Beverly on 9/13/2017, 8:55 am, in reply to "Hump Day Grats! nt"
- people in this country have been very generous in trying to help folks impacted by Harvey & Irma |
- my sparkling water with 'lemon essence flavor' - no calories or anything else. Basically, it's fizzy water. I like it.
- saw Mom yesterday & she seemed some better - tomorrow she will start of PT various things
- Back door neighbor's son did some backyard cleanup. It's been years - such an eyesore - looks a bit better
- Murray fixed my tennis shoes
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 9/13/2017, 6:50 am, in reply to "Hump Day Grats! nt"
1) got a new pair of sneakers on sale for 25% off - took the other ones back (same sneaker but ordered online for the sale price) |
2) cooked up about 16 lbs of squash, mashed and froze it yesterday. Now all I need to do is pop into microwave when I want some. YUMMY!
3) my friend Chrissy coming to teach Pump with me today
4) both the new NewBody and BodyPump are here so I have lots of learning to do and it's always fun to learn fresh new choreography
5) new gym opens Sept 21 - exciting!
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]