Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Monday Gratefuls? nt
Posted by Paula on 1/8/2018, 8:50 am
Posted by Delta on 1/8/2018, 6:14 pm, in reply to "Monday Gratefuls? nt"
It's a Rainy Day. Grateful that we have rain simply because it proves that we are out of the deep freeze. I'm spoiled, I know. I grew up with lots of ice and snow, but I have become conditioned to warmer climes over the past 33 years. |
The rain we got yesterday didn't freeze last night which means that we stayed out of the deep freeze overnight. Back to normal in a few days.
My laundry is all but done. A small load of towels to fold and I'm through.
Not cooking tonight. Some friends are grilling out to celebrate being out of the deep freeze. Cooking used to be one of my favorite ways to relax except that I hated cooking breakfast for some reason. Now I love cooking breakfast and lunch or dinner planning and cooking make me a nervous wreck. Always glad to get out of it.
My SIL made me laugh so hard when she was showing off her new car. Four years ago when she went to get a new car she kept telling everyone that she wasn't sure what she was getting but it wouldn't be red or small. She came back with a red Kia. Over the weekend she went shopping for a new car. The same sermon about red and small to everyone that would listen this time around too. Came home with an almost identical car, just the newest version of her old car.
I hear ya on the deep freeze!
Posted by Krista on 1/9/2018, 8:08 am, in reply to "Monday Gratitudes"
You're not spoiled - you're sane I HATE THE cold as well and we've just come out of it today so I completely get where you're coming from!|
Posted by Beverly on 1/8/2018, 11:56 am, in reply to "Monday Gratefuls? nt"
- I happen to have everything I need to make a big pot of chicken noodle soup - yay |
- Everyday is a new beginning
- ice storm over night...all schools closed. Had to cancel my appointment with my therapist. Grateful I can see her next Monday
- Murray is feeling some better... still coughing though
- Rachel is so excited to know we will visit her next week
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
Glad Murray is improving....
Posted by Krista on 1/9/2018, 8:09 am, in reply to " Monday Gratefuls"
... and three cheers on #2. I'm glad every day is a new beginning for ALL of us |
A few of mine . .
Posted by Sue on 1/8/2018, 10:46 am, in reply to "Monday Gratefuls? nt"
Another beautiful sunrise this morning ..... love that sky! |
Lookikng forward to Monday Night Football.
Got our credit card problem resolved (hopefully). They kept putting a "hold" on it due to suspicious activity (?). It was rather embarrassing yesterday when my grocery bill was $210 and my card would NOT clear!!! I had to call Bill....he had to go to the band and withdraw cash....and then the cash register terminal broke down. I was there for a good 45 minutes (with cash in hand) trying to pay for my groceries. Can you say BUMMER???
Posted by Paula on 1/8/2018, 8:52 am, in reply to "Monday Gratefuls? nt"
Lord willing. I'll be leaving for Milan 9 months from today! |
Freezing seige is at an end today...to be in 60s by Friday.............
Charlie...such a sweet dog but I am worried about him. He is very withdrawn since Katie left. His hearing has also really deteriorated though the vet said his actual ears are ok.
Plan to finally go to the gym Saturday...have not been in swimming health and it's not been swimming weather!
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 1/8/2018, 9:07 am, in reply to "Mine"
1) not happy to see scales up a couple of lbs this morning but I am ready / willing to make changes today to turn it around again. Too many calories and closer to 30 grams of carbs last week. Heading back to 25 |
2) did NOT get called into work today. I'm thankful as I really need some downtime. The morning guy is out sick but the boss said he would try not to use me as much.
3) meeting a friend for coffee at 1 - she has breast cancer and I want to catch up with her and find out how she is REALLY doing
4) having a nap this morning. Since his royal handsomeness likes to prowl almost all night, I don't get a lot of solid sleep. Nappy time sounds great!
5) warmer temps - we've been in a DEEP FREEZE for what seems like 10 days!
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]