Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Sat Grats - whatcha thankful for ?
Posted by Krista on 1/13/2018, 6:40 am
WE all have so much goodness in our lives - do share?|
Posted by Beverly on 1/13/2018, 5:02 pm, in reply to "Sat Grats - whatcha thankful for ?"
- neighbor helping neighbor in the snow storm |
- seeing Shirley post
- FB & how it lets me see photos of grandkids
- they rescheduled the Storytellers mtg. for next Saturday
- if I don't fall asleep in bed... I usually can in the recliner
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
Posted by shirley on 1/13/2018, 12:38 pm, in reply to "Sat Grats - whatcha thankful for ?"
reading a great book...grateful |
my friend beth and our great talk yesterday
my heater...it's cold!!
my Bible...every word
God's love...the most precious thing in my life
ALL of you!!
Posted by Krista on 1/13/2018, 6:47 pm, in reply to "mine"
Do you have time / inclination to share with us what happened? We were so worried about you and glad you're ok!|
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 1/13/2018, 6:48 am, in reply to "Sat Grats - whatcha thankful for ?"
1) it's been very windy / rainy for the past 24 hours. We lost power but only for about 2 hours - thankful for that - and the snow seems to be gone - also VERY thankful for that |
2) Ray is starting to work on my friend's gallery renovation today. It's his "test run" to see if he wants to start his handyman business. He'll be working for them today and tomorrow all day
3) reduced sugar French Vanilla creamer. It's 1 carb / tbsp so I'm trying to just have 1/2 tbsp in my coffee as it "chews up" my carbs. But I just LOVE IT!
4) working at the radio station today - haven't been there since last weekend so looking forward to it again
5) hoping Shirley will be able to post and let us know what happened to her for all these months. (We've all missed you so much and pray things are ok!)
Posted by Cindy on 1/13/2018, 10:58 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
1. I have my yearly mammogram and pelvic exam done! |
2. Feeling better this morning. I felt like I was getting a UTI and so I did a UA before my dr appointment yesterday and found out that I did indeed have a bladder infection, so my dr put me on some medicine to clear that up! Also have a respiratory thing going on and coughing, but that is getting better too!
3. A program that works and the willingness to work it! It has been a long road - but I am seeing the reward of staying on track and just getting up every day and putting one foot in front of the other!
4. Weather has warmed up a bit. We had snow on Thursday and it has been COLD here in Kansas, but hoping to keep the temps higher than the teens for the next week!
5. My husband Ken. Love that man of mine and I am so blessed having him in my life!
A few of mine
Posted by Sue on 1/13/2018, 10:58 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
Another beautiful morning in "Sin City".....the birdies are singing away and the sun is shining. |
Folks who smile and respond when I say "Good Morning" to them on my morning walks. Some strangers, some not. A good way to start the day.
Having a Von's store within walking distance of the house. I stop in almost evey morning....sometime to buy....sometimes just to browse.
Running across great people at times. Last night at the casino, we met the friendliest couple ever....had such a great time exchanging stories with them.....total strangers from Texas!
Two NFL Football games on later this afternoon to watch. Bill and Scott have money bet on both. We're really gonna miss our games when the season is over.
Posted by Cindy on 1/13/2018, 9:32 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
On your creamer for your coffee- have you ever tried using Premier Protein shakes? They are a pre-made shake that is high protein, low carb and I use the vanilla for my cream in my coffee. They also have a caramel flavor and a chocolate flavor if you want to have a mocha flavor in your coffee. The shakes are 2 carbs for the whole container, so your carbs per cup of coffee would be minimal. Itís something to try...and I like the shakes to just drink if I am on the run and donít have time to fix breakfast before work I can just grab one of those to take with me. |
Wll check into that!
Posted by Krista on 1/13/2018, 2:22 pm, in reply to "Krista..."
Thanks for the heads up! Sounds awesome!|
Posted by Cindy on 1/13/2018, 10:02 am, in reply to "Krista..."
Itís 4 carbs for the whole shake -not 2. (Its 2 Weight Watcher points!) That is still really low in carbs as one of those shakes usually lasts me 3 or 4 days as my creamer! |
I googled this morning and it said
Posted by Krista on 1/14/2018, 8:02 am, in reply to "Correction..."
2 net carbs for 11 oz. That's AWESOME so when I go to Costco this week, I will look for it. Thank you Cindy! |
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]