Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Gratefuls for Monday.
Posted by Beverly on 2/12/2018, 8:37 am
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 2/12/2018, 3:27 pm, in reply to "Gratefuls for Monday."
1) no major health issues compared to many |
2) two part time jobs and an amazing pension help pay my way through life
3) a husband who appreciates me
4) team teaching with my friend and maid-of-honour Chris tonight. It's always easier / more fun when you're teaching with someone else
5) naps in the afternoon. I love being retired! 3 years in!
Posted by Beverly on 2/12/2018, 9:18 am, in reply to "Gratefuls for Monday."
Krista has stayed away from goodies for a long, long time. Paula, sweet Gianni, is doing so much better. Paula - I say... do the jig!!! |
- today Mom will see the retina specialist so she can have the cataract behind removed this week
- helped Mom with her book work and checks, etc.
I need to be 'thick skinned' when doing that. LOL
- yesterday was a better food day
- Murray is like the 'energizer bunny' when it comes to keep the new floor looking great
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
Wishing your Mom a speedy surgery and recovery!
Posted by Krista on 2/12/2018, 10:42 am, in reply to "mine"
Hope all goes well for her this week!|
Bev, how is Mike's (and your) friend doing? nt
Posted by Paula on 2/12/2018, 9:08 am, in reply to "Gratefuls for Monday."
Posted by Beverly on 2/12/2018, 9:28 am, in reply to "Bev, how is Mike's (and your) friend doing? nt"
Thanks for asking. OUr/Mike's friend is doing fair. They removed 8 (yes 8) litres of liquids from him during a surgery. He needs a liver transplant. He's been really sober for 6 weeks (off and on for 8 weeks before then) He's leaving the hospital soon. He will live with his mom. Good idea. She lives in a different city than his drinking friends. I really don't know what can be done in the mean time. I am praying hard for that guy. |
Mike has been 'tough love' with his as a friend for a while. But - now he is going to be his friend again. I am glad. Mark's mom said that Mike is a good example for Mark - of how you can have a better life without drinking and drugs. I hope Mark can make it.
Posted by Paula on 2/12/2018, 9:07 am, in reply to "Gratefuls for Monday."
Bill will feed Charlie on Thursdays. He told me yesterday that he is not going back to the place..."I mean, I could bring them back to my place." DUH, freakin' DUH! |
Got lots of little things done this weekend
Hot coffee in the morning
Slept like a log last night but my dreams left me feeling not as rested as I'd like to feel. The whole night of dreams was chaos...never where I was supposed to be, plans all backwards, forgetting important things...just every dream was chaos. Wonder why?
Charlie likes hanging out with me...ever since Katie died, he has spent more time with me when I'm here.
Posted by Sue on 2/12/2018, 11:06 am, in reply to "Mine"
Bill and I are both feeling a bit ragged.....normal cold symptoms. We can't be getting sick 'cause Kari arrives Friday. Hoping a little TLC and lots of Vitamin C will be the cure. |
Our rose bushes are going crazy.....tons of new growth and starting to bud. Grass is looking good, too.
Enjoying this first cup of hot coffee so much....it feels great to my sore throat and ears.
My apricot colored pointsettia from Thannksgiving is still thriving. It's so pretty and cheery.
Later today, Bill's going to make us a big pot of chicken soup....the cure-all for everything.
Posted by Cindy on 2/12/2018, 9:05 am, in reply to "Gratefuls for Monday."
1. A program that works and the willingness to work it. |
2. A good 3 days off work. Bought carpet on Friday for the rental, worked on painting inside on the rental on Saturday, and was able to rest yesterday.
3. Time spent with Ken-always nice.
4. Great week at work last week-several of my consumers got jobs!!
5. A job I love to go to.
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]