Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Sunday Gratefuls? nt
Posted by Paula on 3/25/2018, 9:00 am
Posted by Cindy on 3/25/2018, 6:33 pm, in reply to "Sunday Gratefuls? nt"
1. Ken got good news at the urologist on Friday. Went in to have his bladder checked for tumors and there were none! He can now go a year before his next check up! Praise God! |
2. Quiet Sunday afternoons. Ken is taking a nap and I get some uninterrupted time on the computer and a nice cup of coffee while the dogs play outdoors.
3. Rain this morning- but the sun is shining this afternoon.
4. Otis (my boxer boy) is feeling better today. He had a tummy ache yesterday and wouldnít eat. Glad he is back to his old self today.
5. Went to see Kenís youngest Jessica and her family today. We had a nice visit and that did Ken a lot of good. All of his girls and my son live in the same town we live in, but the two oldest girls never call their dad unless they need something, and they always have so much drama in their life, that the youngest, Jessica doesnít want to come over to our house because she doesnít want to run into them. But again, unless they need something- they arenít at our house. I am so thankful that my son Adam isnít like that. We talk daily, and he always texts me at night when he is headed to bed to tell me good night and that he loves me. Jessica told us that she got a promotion at work! So happy for her!
Posted by Paula on 3/26/2018, 9:25 am, in reply to "My five..."
So happy for this outcome!|
WONDERFUL news re Ken!
Posted by Krista on 3/26/2018, 7:00 am, in reply to "My five..."
That's got to be a HUGE relief to both of you Glad to hear this!|
Posted by Beverly on 3/25/2018, 11:53 am, in reply to "Sunday Gratefuls? nt"
- met Mike's new family cat, Teddy, He is very loving. But came to them sick with a resperitory infection. So we had to force feed him food, water, & vitamins. Hope he's all better soon. |
I've been diagnosed with Eating Disorder Syndrome. I've been reading alot about it and I am going to try to control & make it better on my own. I've been able to quit my 3 other addictions on my own. I will try this one.d PS. Only one binge in five days. That's good for me.
- darling grandchildren
- so proud of Mike & Meg.
- make sore ankle feels some better... yay
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
Glad you know what you are dealing with
Posted by Krista on 3/26/2018, 6:59 am, in reply to "me"
I haven't heard of it. Good for you on the one in 5 days ~ one step at a time and that's a really strong step. Beating 3 addictions already is a damned good track record. Whether you can do it on your own or you need help, I believe in you. You've got us all beside you along the way, friend.|
And you know what?
Posted by Krista on 3/26/2018, 3:21 pm, in reply to "Glad you know what you are dealing with"
Sounds like something MANY of us - myself included - have gone through. You're not alone. |
You got this Beverly...
Posted by Cindy on 3/25/2018, 6:21 pm, in reply to "me"
It's Binge Eating Disorder nt.
Posted by Beverly on 3/25/2018, 11:54 am, in reply to "me"
Posted by Sue on 3/25/2018, 10:42 am, in reply to "Sunday Gratefuls? nt"
The morning sky.....lovely! |
Our 3 resident hummingbirds. They come to visit several timnes every day, and we so enjoy watching them.
Later today, we're going to a Farmer's Market that just opened in our area. Should be fun....over 30 vendors.
This first cup of coffee.....wonderful!
Makking plans to go home to Michigan. I'm ready.
Knowing that this funk I'm in is just a temporary thing.
Hummingbirds and Farmer's Markets bliss! nt
Posted by Paula on 3/26/2018, 9:26 am, in reply to "A few"
Hope you enjoyed the Farmer's Market
Posted by Krista on 3/26/2018, 6:59 am, in reply to "A few"
and got some nice things for yourself!|
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 3/25/2018, 10:24 am, in reply to "Sunday Gratefuls? nt"
1) an industrious husband. Yesterday he cleaned, changed the bed, finished an "add on" to Cooper's catio and today he is replacing the stove hood in the kitchen. The man NEVER STOPS! |
2) teaching class with another instructor today (Michelle). I really enjoy team teaching!
3) Costco dropped "my" protein bars (4 grams of carbs) but I've found a couple friends willing to sell /give me theirs and posted to FB today to find more. 3 cheers for FB!
4) fresh bed sheets
5) having Ray's brother and his wife over for supper. They will have a delicious turkey dinner - I'll stick with my caesar salad with chicken. Pie for them, jello for me and it's all A ok!1
Posted by Paula on 3/25/2018, 9:07 am, in reply to "Sunday Gratefuls? nt"
Little walks with Charlie in the morning. He has diarrhea...had it all night so you know what I woke up to! This poor boy has been soooo sick since I adopted him 2 years ago...whatever could go wrong, has, and he still has the best attitude...just loves life. |
Got my hair cut and colored. It looks so much better.
The guys came over to help me get my mower set up and we went over how to use it. Nothing to mow right now!
My b.i.l took my big wheel barrel and spreader. I don't need the latter and the wheel barrel is to heavy for my elbows to manage. They were like new and I know he'll use them. I was just glad to make more room in my shed!
Looking at all the gardening stuff I've done since I moved here when there were only a few small azaleas for curb appeal. Also feel sad because I know I won't be able to add to it because of these dumb elbows. I used to dig huge holes in this hard clay, lugged 120 bags of mulch one year...nothing I wouldn't do or at least try...could be why my elbows are such a mess but I loved it!!! Even if I could afford to get someone to do it for me, it wouldn't be the same because I didn't do it myself.
Would love to see your hair!
Posted by Krista on 3/25/2018, 10:21 am, in reply to "Mine"
Hope Charlie is ok - poor little guy. Glad to hear you got some help today and so sorry to hear you're in pain It sucks getting older my friend. Love you!|
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]