Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Gratitude's for Monday
Posted by Bev on 5/7/2018, 7:23 am
Posted by Beverly on 5/7/2018, 10:50 am, in reply to "Gratitude's for Monday "
- it's suppose to be a beautiful weather springy week |
- trying to figure out this new medicine for my stomachh
- YMCA warm pool -
- my mom sounds so chipper lately - now and then
- fun neighbors
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
Sending positive thoughts and prayers!
Posted by Krista on 5/7/2018, 11:35 am, in reply to "me"
When did you get the new meds? Sure hope they help quickly for you!|
Posted by Paula on 5/7/2018, 9:19 am, in reply to "Gratitude's for Monday "
Another day off. I am going to miss these Mondays off. In fact, I'm feeling a little sick this morning about leaving my job. I am giving up a lot to get a lot. Just feeling a little scared. |
My Charlie. Poor guy. When his cough spasms start up, I have to put him on Prednisone which makes him pee all day/night, increases his appetite and he is restless but happy. I was able to take him off 3 days ago and the coughing hasn't returned and he isn't peeing all the time. BUT, those wonderful long walks? I realize now that he was able to take them because the Pred eliminated more of his hip pain and gave him more energy. I noticed Saturday that he was much less enthusiastic about walking and, yesterday, I took him too far and he was exhausted and slept all day. This morning I gave him a choice and he didn't want to go at all. So many trade offs with his care. I can't stand the pee and the Pred will eventually shut his kidneys down but he looks so much happier when he is on it.
Having a program no matter how much I am struggling with it.
I will be heading to Milan 5 months from today!!
My new lawn mower. It makes cutting the grass so much easier.
If you feel the Pred
Posted by Sue on 5/7/2018, 2:13 pm, in reply to "Mine"
gives Charlie a happier, better-quality of life, I'd say go for it. Let him enjoy his days as best he can even if it means cutting the number of days. |
I remeber the post you made regarding your walk by the river.....he was obviously enjoying that day to the fullest. Give him more!!! When his time comes, he'll say "Damn, that was worth it -- Thanks, Mom!"....
Posted by Krista on 5/7/2018, 11:34 am, in reply to "Mine"
WONDERFUL! 5 months will fly by. |
Sorry to hear about Charlie - how old is he Paula?
List the pros / cons of the new job and I'm betting you will feel much better about it. Understandable though - change is rarely easy.
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 5/7/2018, 7:43 am, in reply to "Gratitude's for Monday "
1) physio appointment this morning - my right shoulder / bicep are really hurting me. Did something to tweak it on Thursday night. Supposed to be our last appointment but hoping she won't cut me loose just yet |
2) 165.2 today - that is 39 lbs gone since Nov 22. I so wish others would try this as it's just been a MIRACLE for me. So many friends here in SJ that I see struggling could benefit but I just have to keep being an example and hope they might try it too
3) Cooper Hamm - even though he is up prowling around all night, the little bastard!
4) scored a sweater yesterday regular $29.94 for $9.94. Not as good as Cindy's find but I'll take it
5) working at the radio station starting this Thursday and will be able to wear REAL clothes instead of jammies and exercise garb!
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]