Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Friday, june 29...what are you grateful for
Posted by shirley on 6/29/2018, 4:16 am
Posted by Beverly on 6/29/2018, 9:47 am, in reply to "Friday, june 29...what are you grateful for"
- air conditioning and fans... so hot |
- staying away from the political news... I can hardly sleep sometimes.
- looking at July 4th... birthdays for usa, Mom, Aunt Mackie & the triplets.
- I can't remain silent
- got things finalized for our annual visit from Alex for the week after the 4th. Maya wants to come for a weekend. Max... doesn't want to come yet.
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
I've cut back on my news-watching, too.
Posted by Paula on 6/30/2018, 9:37 am, in reply to " grateful for"
As a client reminded me, though, we have to make sure that turning the news off doesn't mean turning our backs on the issues...not becoming complacent|
can i ask
Posted by shirley on 6/29/2018, 3:06 pm, in reply to " grateful for"
Posted by Beverly on 6/29/2018, 5:56 pm, in reply to "can i ask"
I can't be silent about Trump and what is happening to our country. I often comment on what others say. Don't bring it up as often as I'd like. But - things are out of control to me. I am heartbroken on so many levels. I think he's a horrible person in more ways than imaginable. I can't be silent anymore. |
I hope this doesn't offend you. We don't talk politics here much.
Just read this after I read and responded to your grats.
Posted by Paula on 6/30/2018, 9:38 am, in reply to "Yes"
Posted by shirley on 6/30/2018, 4:52 am, in reply to "Yes"
Not offended at all. He is my president but i am deeply disappointed in him and agree that our country is in trouble. i need to pray for him but to be honest, i haven't. i will from now on.|
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 6/29/2018, 6:44 am, in reply to "Friday, june 29...what are you grateful for"
1) got my Sunday class covered this weekend. Just 2 more Sundays to "fill" and then I won't have that "worry". Plan is to return July 29th to Body Pump. |
2) working at the radio station today - on the air at 10 am then doing a remote at a furniture store from 3-7
3) friends who care. 2 gals from the gym bought me a nice card yesterday to encourage me. I'm blessed to have friends like them - and like you ladies - in my life
4) compliments on weight loss. Never gets old.
5) how nice it is to hear the ladies say they are happy when I'm there teaching. I taught NewBody yesterday while my friend Jill recovers from hernia surgery
Posted by Beverly on 6/29/2018, 9:39 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
it is working out getting your classes covered. Also, all the folks cheering you on.|
my grateful heart
Posted by shirley on 6/29/2018, 4:27 am, in reply to "Friday, june 29...what are you grateful for"
140 today...knowing eating in moderation is the key. i was up yesterday, back down today. need to just keep doing what i know to do. it all equals out. stay the course. |
waking up hungry. true hunger. i used to eat so much, i woke up full and did not feel hunger until about lunch time. hungry is a good feeling. it used to terrify me and i would binge because i felt desperate to fill that hole with food. i used to eat so much, i never really felt true hunger. that was safe. now i feel hungry before a meal and food tastes so much better. before i didn't choose things like steamed fresh carrots but now they taste so sweet and good, i want them over a snickers anyday. apples are my favorite sweet, especially gala, crunchy, juicy ones. i have one every day. i had one chopped up yesterday in a cup of fiber one and almond milk with cinnamon in it. tasted like crunchy apple pie. what a treat. anyway, grateful for true hunger.
this place and all of you
Posted by Beverly on 6/29/2018, 9:42 am, in reply to "my grateful heart"
for years I thought my 'feeling hungry' was 'broken'.... but, sometimes I do feel it finally. It's amazing, yes. |
Congrats on being at your goal weight Shirley!
Posted by Krista on 6/29/2018, 7:56 am, in reply to "my grateful heart"
Feels amazing for you, I am sure!|
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]