Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by shirley on 7/1/2018, 3:00 am
Posted by Cindy on 7/1/2018, 12:12 pm, in reply to "Sunday's gratefuls"
1. Seeing my friend Roger in the hospital yesterday. He is in good spirits and we laughed during our conversation. They are waiting for the biopsy results to come back and then are going to go ahead and start chemo and see if they can either get the tumor to shrink enough that he can eat regular food or put in a feeing tube for nutrition. Please continue praying. |
2. Also stopped by a nursing home on our way home and saw my best friend’s mom who is in there trying to get better after her brain bleed. She is like a second mom to me, and I wanted to stop and say hi and see if she needed anything. Please keep her in your prayers too.
3. Ken and I also stopped by a little town on our way back home for supper. I had only been there once last week and he hadn’t been at this restaurant at all, so he really enjoyed it. We really have been working on the rental house so much that we haven’t had much time for us, so getting out of town to see Roger and Dixie and then stopping by a new place to eat supper was quite a treat! We both commented through the night and then again at bedtime how nice the day was!
4. Getting the yard mowed before we started out on our adventure yesterday! I love mowing, but in full disclosure, we have a Dixon riding lawn mower and I am sure I wouldn’t love mowing near as much if I had to push mow this lawn of ours! Ken uses the edger and weed eater while I mow! Back when I weighed 325 pounds, he had to do all of this in the heat by himself, as I had no desire to be outside in the heat doing anything! So grateful to have the mobility to be out there by his side! I am so glad we got the mowing done at home as it rained quite a bit overnight!
5. All of you ladies and our love and sense of family on here! It is so nice to wake up in the morning and get on here to see what my “sisters” are up to! I love you all.
Posted by Beverly on 7/1/2018, 2:00 pm, in reply to "My five..."
It's sad when people we care about are in the midst of illnesses and things like that. Sending a hug to YOU... and your friends. |
I love how youve pointed out that life is so much better at a lower weight.
Sending positive thoughts and prayers!
Posted by Krista on 7/1/2018, 12:46 pm, in reply to "My five..."
For Roger and for your friend's mom!|
Posted by Paula on 7/1/2018, 9:32 am, in reply to "Sunday's gratefuls"
No mowing today, ttk! |
Heard from Sue's daughter on FB, thankful
Back on WW almost a week
Spent almost 3 hours yesterday looking at things to do on my trip this Fall. Booked a time slot at the Accademia in Florence to see the David again...one of the most incredible experiences in my life. Have seen him twice and cry each time. He is so magnificent. I rarely do any kind of tour but, for the heck of it, I booked an evening 4-hour tour that goes to the second level of the Eiffel Tower, cruises on the Seine and drives you through "the City of Lights" at night. Travelling alone I don't stay out very late so this will give a prime opportunity to see more at night. I am thinking about taking a day trip from Paris to London, too. It just sounds so fancy to say that, "Oh,yes, I took the Eurostar to London for the day..." LOL
Using Duolingo to learn more French. I can say things but when I have to understand what they are saying to me, it's beyond difficult. I can't imagine ever actually being able to have a conversation in French. It all sounds like one big gutteral slur of words.
Posted by shirley on 7/2/2018, 4:28 am, in reply to "Mine"
trip sounds like a dream come true. Grateful you are going to truly experience the blessing of fully being there. i can't wait to hear about it when you get back.|
Posted by Beverly on 7/1/2018, 2:03 pm, in reply to "Mine"
about learning French or any foreign language. I have been learning Norwegian. I can understand it when I read it. But... listening and understand is almost nonexistent. |
Your trip is going to be wonderful!!!
Posted by Cindy on 7/1/2018, 12:14 pm, in reply to "Mine"
Do you push mow your lawn? I mentioned in my grats that I have a riding mower and love it so much! Sending props out to you if you are pushing a lawn mower! I would hate that! |
Posted by Paula on 7/3/2018, 7:30 pm, in reply to "Paula..."
Bought a battery one and it makes it easier because I don't have to worry about gasoline or having to yank on that awful string. That would kill my elbow and shoulder. I feel like Super Woman when I'm done so that's on the plus side.|
*spits out coffee laughing*
Posted by Krista on 7/1/2018, 9:45 am, in reply to "Mine"
I was going to post #6 for you then opened and saw this and laughed out loud!|
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 7/1/2018, 9:27 am, in reply to "Sunday's gratefuls"
1) had a GREAT morning at the radio station yesterday! I was encouraging people to let me know where they were taking me (on the radio) so I could live vicariously through them on the long weekend. Got a lot of texts and just had so much fun shouting people out |
2) Ray is working this weekend - all 3 days. Missing him but I'm thankful he's making all this extra money to put down on the house so we can soon be mortgage free
3) a GORGEOUS weekend weather-wise. Yesterday it was 29C which is unheard of for us most days and it's supposed to be nice again for the next couple of days. I'll be reading in the backyard today!
4) good books - finished "Two by Two" by Nicolas Sparks yesterday. CRIED at the end!
5) nowhere I have to be today.
Posted by Cindyh on 7/1/2018, 2:33 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
Don't you love days you have nowhere to be. I want to read the book also. Love his books. Hope you are feeling better. |
Posted by Krista on 7/2/2018, 2:08 pm, in reply to "Krista"
I am not feeling better but thank you for caring |
Posted by Beverly on 7/1/2018, 2:04 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
your DJ gig sounds like so much fun~|
How does 35.555 C sound to you?
Posted by Paula on 7/1/2018, 9:35 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
We are going there today and will hover around that for at least the next 10 days! I would take yours any day!|
Pretty dang hot eh?
Posted by Krista on 7/1/2018, 9:44 am, in reply to "How does 35.555 C sound to you?"
I love the sun, though. But I agree - that's a bit much! Especially for those who don't love the sun like me! Have a great day Paula!|
Posted by Beverly on 7/1/2018, 9:00 am, in reply to "Sunday's gratefuls"
- Shirley's beautiful gratitudes this morning. I love the peace she has found. Amen to that. |
- Go to the pool today
- it's so very hot..... so grateful for air conditioning and ceiling fans.
- along with all the crazy/awful/hopeful political stuff on FB.. I am able to find such beautiful and timely articles with with good news, funny things, cute babies & much more.
- joined Sam's club and really like it.
- you ladies.... mean the world to me
- Sue seems to be doing OK
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car works well
Posted by Krista on 7/1/2018, 9:24 am, in reply to "Sunday's gratefuls"
I hear ya on FB - when I see feeds that I don't like, I try to unfollow the source. Can't always be done but it sure frees up some energy. I can't even imagine all you folks in the US have to put up with, my friend. |
Have a great time at the pool! Sounds inviting!
Posted by Paula on 7/1/2018, 9:37 am, in reply to "Facebook"
Do you think the average Canadian is upset about all the US tariffs and Humpty Trumpty's (he is kind of shaped like an egg...no offense Humpty) words and actions toward Canada or is it just a big deal in the U.S.?|
Posted by Krista on 7/1/2018, 9:46 am, in reply to "Re: Facebook"
There are certainly some but we're pretty laid back here in Oh Canada |
I shouldn't say that
Posted by Krista on 7/1/2018, 9:48 am, in reply to "Nope"
I think the tariffs thing is pretty big. I just don't give a rat's ass about politics |
Posted by shirley on 7/1/2018, 3:13 am, in reply to "Sunday's gratefuls"
a new day |
family and friends
knowing this day is directed by a God of perfect love
the love i feel for baby anneslee
knowing i am at goal...mind blowing this morning
my little condo
ready for what this one day offers
sue doing well
all of you...love you so much
the last 2 years and knowing that God has used the hardest days for good. he is so faithful. i am amazed that during all this, i did not binge and run to food. makes me know God's grace has been there all along, even when i couldn't see it. he is faithful even when our faith is weak. he is my loving Father.
Posted by Cindyh on 7/1/2018, 2:29 pm, in reply to "mine"
You seem so peaceful. Love that. Love your gratitudes|
Posted by Beverly on 7/1/2018, 2:06 pm, in reply to "mine"
a serenity in your gratitudes. It's lovely.|
I, too, love...
Posted by Cindy on 7/1/2018, 12:15 pm, in reply to "mine"
Reading your grats each morning and the peace you have found! So glad you are at goal weight! You know I am always cheering you on! Love you Shirley.|
Love your grats ...
Posted by Krista on 7/1/2018, 9:23 am, in reply to "mine"
Love your grats, your faith in God and that YOU my friend are at your GOAL WEIGHT! All wonderful!|
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]