Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by shirley on 8/25/2018, 5:13 am
me - first one not a gratitude
Posted by Beverly on 8/25/2018, 2:37 pm, in reply to "Saturday gratitudes"
Last night I took a tumble right on my sore knee... feels very bad. Hoping for the best. Might have to go to the ortho... now I am resting, iceing, elevating my knee. Hoping for the best. |
- Maya told the family about the abbreviations we made for mealtime: brunch - she loves that word We call dinner and water DW. Daily meals... Brunch & DW. so silly.
- little Wyatt stopped over for a popcycle but we were out. I offered him an apple. He was just as happy for that. That's even better
- having fun with my fossils
- My SIL is having lunch with Rachel today. As Rachel is very upset with all the illness going on. (Bi-polar cousin cant get meds to help, her nephew has a big mass in his kidney, my little cousin has 7% lead in her blood from lead pipes where they were living, my sister still struggles with her back etc. It's too much. BTW - I am not telling about my knee. (she on a need to know basis.... for me)
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car
You're not calling Murray a fossil, are you?
Posted by Paula on 8/25/2018, 3:49 pm, in reply to "me - first one not a gratitude"
Sorry about your fall. I've had so many calls over the past 2 years. Scary...always thankfully that I've not been hurt worse than I have been!
Grateful for ice, right?
Sorry for all the family problems. Can see why Rachel is upset. Helpless never feels good.
Thanks so much Paula
Posted by Beverly on 8/26/2018, 9:50 am, in reply to "You're not calling Murray a fossil, are you?"
Yes... Murray is Grouchasaurus. LOL or Kindasaurus... depending on the day!!!. |
Ice and I are best friends
I feel very unsteady
Posted by Krista on 8/26/2018, 12:28 pm, in reply to "Thanks so much Paula"
Almost spit my coffee out about that one. hahahha|
Posted by Cindy on 8/25/2018, 12:04 pm, in reply to "Saturday gratitudes"
1. A program that works and the willingness to work it! I have been on Weight Watchers for 2 1/2 years now and am so glad I stuck with it and continue to do so. When I was at Dixieís funeral last week, there was a dinner after it, and I chose to just have coffee instead of a plate of food. In the past I would feel like I had to eat something or people would stare at me. You know what? Not one person even looked at me like they wondered why I wasnít eating, and I was sitting next to Kim and everyone made their way over to her to give their condolences. That was always just in my mind that people would look down on me for not eating! Nonsense! Bless her heart, Kim had a plate of food and peach cobbler on the side and was trying to get me to take ďjust one biteĒ of it! Not sure what that was all about, because she is on maintenance with WW and knows I donít need to be eating cobbler. I stood my ground! Yay! Even though it seems to be a slow process, I shudder to think how much I would weigh if I didnít put the effort into this! |
2. A nice Saturday morning. We got some rain overnight but the sun is out!
3. Working beside Ken outside again this weekend. We are going to be mowing and cleaning up a section to the left of his shop in the back yard that has gotten overgrown!
4. All the blessings in my life. God is good.
5. You ladies on here! I love you all and am so glad we are sisters!
Good for you all around.
Posted by Paula on 8/25/2018, 3:51 pm, in reply to "My five..."
I know how much you love working alongside Ken. How's he doing with the cigarettes?|
Posted by Cindy on 8/25/2018, 5:13 pm, in reply to "Good for you all around."
Drives me crazy, but I am sure it drives him just as crazy! A part of him really wants to quit yet another part of him really doesnít. He is 68 and has been smoking since he was 15! Itís a hard habit to break! |
There are times that I am upset with him over the cigarettes, because many years ago we both decided that we needed to get in better shape so we could grow old together and be healthy. I needed to lose weight and he needed to quit smoking. I feel at times like I am keeping up my end of the bargain and yet he keeps getting to indulge in his addiction! Then one day I just decided that I need to worry about myself, and fight my own battles. The little girl in me will always think itís not fair that I canít eat what I want but for now-thatís the way it has to be!
Sorry this turned into a book! Lol
Posted by Paula on 8/25/2018, 9:39 am, in reply to "Saturday gratitudes"
It's the weekend |
Beautiful weather today and tomorrow
Got rid of AT&T. My bill just kept getting bigger and bigger! I went with Tmobile. They have a senior plan with unlimited data, European network and no add-on charges that you can't figure out. $50 with auto pay and I and I got my phone insured.
Going to chiro today. I haven't needed an adjustment in weeks and weeks. My neck and shoulders hurt...nothing serious...just stiff. Besides, I love my chiro and miss her!!
Bought an MP3 player and my Jenee, my coworker from the other clinic, is going to load music on it for me for when I'm driving an on the airplane. I looked at IPODs and they are way too expensive for the little bit I use them and I want my music separate from my phone.
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 8/25/2018, 7:03 am, in reply to "Saturday gratitudes"
1) the interview was absolutely amazing with Dean Brody yesterday. I am going to try to somehow get it online and share it! |
2) last shift at the radio today out of my 13 day "stint"
3) 2 remotes this week will be on the next pay which will be nice
4) Ray's son and Kaylynn (oldest daughter) are coming out for a pizza with Ray and I tonight. Sadly his wife and he are breaking up so it's really hard on Matt not to see his girls and financially quite a hit as well. I feel bad for them
5) Burt's Bees Lip Balm - love 'em and always have one with me
Sad about Ray's son
Posted by Paula on 8/25/2018, 9:35 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
He worked hard to come a long way, didn't he? |
Very cool about your interview! Would love to listen to it!
Posted by shirley on 8/25/2018, 5:31 am, in reply to "Saturday gratitudes"
God's grace...never take this for granted |
a brand new clean day...yesterday is history and has no effect on today's choices. his mercies are new every morning.
meds that i need
my bed and sleep
krista's lapband removal coming up
willingness...God given, for sure.
ate tuna and veggies last night after a few days of eating off my plan..grateful. pain threshhold is less now, so i don't wait until i am 50 lbs bigger before changing my actions. thankful. on my own, i would be bingeing right now but God's grace is keeping my mind focused on what is important. food is not. either i give in to recovery today or reap the same issues i have dealt with forever. i need God's help in a big way to live right here. my mindset is relapse...God wants me to live in recovery. grateful for willingness, 1 meal at a time. this struggle is very real. change runs deep and mine has been pretty shallow. praying for willingness to keep on the path until it becomes a lifestyle. meals off plan are normal...getting right back on is essential.
Posted by Krista on 8/25/2018, 7:00 am, in reply to "mine"
I'm right there with you, Shirley. Holding your hand and feeling the same. I am so out of control right now and the weight is coming back QUICKLY as I'm up close to 20 lbs in about 2 months. Since I have to fast as of midnight on Monday, surgery day WILL BE the day I get clean again. It's a slippery slope and I understand what you are saying. Hold tight! |
Posted by shirley on 8/25/2018, 6:19 am, in reply to "mine"
bran buds and lots of water and a cup of coffee...miracle worker. tmi but truthful |
my patio and the cooler weather
new pavement and parking lot here...beautiful
knowing who i am in Christ
clean condo sort of
food to eat, water to drink
how well everyone has done on here over the long term...we have each come so far
Posted by Cindy on 8/25/2018, 10:29 am, in reply to "Re: mine...more"
Could you share some pictures of your condo? I loved when I saw pics of your house as I could imagine you standing in the kitchen making coffee in your Keurig, etc. Yes, I know Iím WEIRD! |
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]