Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by shirley on 8/27/2018, 5:26 am
Posted by Cindy on 8/28/2018, 1:41 am, in reply to "Monday grats"
1. That I went home at noon today and slept all afternoon. |
2. That I was smart enough to go to the walk in clinic at 7 this evening when I wasn’t feeling any better.
3. That my doctor was the doctor on call tonight.
4. Medicine to help with this UTI that I have.
5. Medicine that only cost $3.89. Very thankful for generic meds and my insurance!
Hope you're feeling better soon!
Posted by Krista on 8/29/2018, 6:28 am, in reply to "My five..."
I've never had one but I hope you're over it quickly. Painful?|
Posted by Delta on 8/27/2018, 4:22 pm, in reply to "Monday grats"
Using fans to blow air from the cooled side of the house to the one where the AC went out kept it fairly comfortable last night. One of the ACs stopped working about 11:30. It became uncomfortable on that side of the house quickly but the fans worked a charm after we realized what was happening. |
AC was a quick and relatively cheap fix. Just a capacitor, like a spark plug for a car it gets the unit started. Unplug it and plug another back. The heat index was over 100F before 10 AM so I am sure that it would have been really uncomfortable by nightfall and the other side of the house probably couldn't have caught up to cool it down by bedtime.
Deciding to ask my cousin not to come for a week next Wednesday. It has been a difficult decision. Although I was really looking forward to seeing her and she is always so much fun I was also stressing in a major way because I still don't feel like having people around and going places. I am having to get things done around the house in 20-30 minute intervals. This is also one of my daughter's holidays with the boys this year so they will be back for the whole time that she would be here and any kids get on her nerves when she is around them for long periods, even her own grandkids. After only seeing them for a short time in the past month while they have been at their dad's I am sure that the noise level and the busyness will also be a bit stressful for me. I am saddened to make this decision but I think it is for the best. She will enjoy her time off and she has other people that she wants to see too. I am just grateful that I could think rationally instead of emotionally and make the decision.
I am getting low/no point foods stocked up a little at a time. Boiling eggs to keep in the fridge, chopping veggies for a veggie tray (will also be good to throw on the already chopped greens for salads), zero point ranch dip, zero point Walden Farms dressings that I actually like, ABC Bacon (already been cooked) found some local store brand 3 points for 5 slices--makes good BLT sandwiches as well as going good with the eggs. I have plenty of tuna, canned salmon, frozen chicken breasts that are pounded thin and cook in the George Foreman in minutes, and several kinds of beans. Although dinners are usually planned I don't plan breakfast, lunch or any snacks I might need. I usually forget about eating during the day and grab whatever I see that is quick to grab, usually resulting in bad decisions. With all the grab and go low point foods I won't be grabbing the higher point foods.
Having the screen room so that I can hang some clothes out. I love clothes dried outside but we have so many birds over our yard that I would always have to rewash what I tried hanging outside.
I am also grateful for the wonderful folding rack that I bought 25 or more years ago. It is put together with screws so it can be tightened whenever it starts to wobble and the rods are covered so it doesn't rust on clothes. It folds up tiny but expands to hold a lot of clothes. I haven't been able to find one anywhere similar since I bought it at a going out of business sale. I wish I had gotten another one at the time. Great value for $20!
Hot and cold running water.
Water filters that make the water taste so good.
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 8/27/2018, 11:55 am, in reply to "Monday grats"
1) first day off after working 13 in a row. Slept in 'til 10:30 and I'm going to head out into the sun and read for awhile now |
2) automated prescription refills over the phone - so convenient!
3) Ray is coming with me tomorrow. I hope to GOD there's no emergency cancellation. Lapband removal - we have to be there for 6:45 and surgery is at 8:45
4) perfectly cooked bacon. 15 minutes at 425C in the oven on parchment paper
5) getting back on track - FOR REAL - tomorrow. I have to fast as of midnight tonight and I'm pretty sure I won't feel like eating much tomorrow after surgery so it's the perfect opportunity!
Posted by Beverly on 8/27/2018, 10:03 am, in reply to "Monday grats"
- Murray takes special care of my mom |
- ice.... for knee
- the MUTE button on the remote control. I will not listen to all these political ads
- all the tributes for John McCain. He deserves it.
- glad President Trump is not invited to the funeral.
- plentiful clean water
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car
Hope your knee feels better!
Posted by Krista on 8/27/2018, 11:40 am, in reply to "mine"
Beverly, have they ever discussed knee replacement or "scope" with you? Sure hope you're feeling better soon. Pain SUCKS! |
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]