Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
My big gratitude for today ....
Posted by Sue on 8/30/2018, 8:40 am
The life and music of "Queen of Soul"....Aretha Franklin. Mo Town is honoring her with a public viewing Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with a private funeral on Friday. People from around the world are paying their last respects. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. What a voice....such talent !!!|
It's hard for me to believe
Posted by Sue on 9/1/2018, 8:02 am, in reply to "My big gratitude for today ...."
Aretha's my age. I still think of her as the young, eautiful girl I first saw on TV so many years ago. Such talent!|
Re: My big gratitude for today ....
Posted by Paula on 8/31/2018, 5:24 pm, in reply to "My big gratitude for today ...."
It's been cool being reminded of so many of her older songs during this time of remembrance.|
Posted by Cindy on 8/31/2018, 1:08 am, in reply to "My big gratitude for today ...."
Loved Aretha! |
1. Feeling good enough to go back to work today. Praise God.
2. Getting a lot accomplished once back at work.
3. New jobs for some of my consumers!
5. All of you ladies. You are more than friends, I consider you sisters! Love you!
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 8/30/2018, 11:09 am, in reply to "My big gratitude for today ...."
1) only took 3 of the Dilaudid yesterday and so far I don't feel like I need the today |
2) bandages come off today - the staples are scary looking. 4 incisions! The staples stay in 'til Sept 11
3) went out and got groceries and went to the library. No issues!
4) next Tuesday I'll be able to call the shoulder doc's office to see if they can get me in earlier than Sept 24. Since the waiting list for surgery is very long, might not make much of a difference but at least they'll consider seeing me earlier for the initial appt if possible
5) working at the radio Saturday and on the holiday Monday (double time and a half then) so still a couple of good pays to come from there
and 6) back to teaching more classes next week - 2 next week then it'll be 4 the following weeks. They are trialing a new one (Lower Body Blast) that I am creating since I can't use arms much for 6 weeks to see if it catches on
7) KNEE REPLACEMENT NEXT THURSDAY!
Posted by Krista on 8/30/2018, 3:57 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
SWEET JESUS! Just got the call!|
Just waiting to hear from pre-op today
Posted by Krista on 8/31/2018, 8:56 am, in reply to "Rah-Rah, Krista...."
I hope there will no be concern that I just had a (day) surgery. I know they don't do knee / shoulder close together surgery-wise but hoping this won't be an issue at all. Thanks Sue!|
Two more people
Posted by Krista on 9/1/2018, 4:54 pm, in reply to "No issue"
including a nurse and a know-it-all have said "Make sure they know you just had surgery under anathesia". It's got me worried nw!|
Posted by Beverly on 8/31/2018, 6:06 pm, in reply to "No issue"
I am doing a surgery happy dance|
I loved her music and the lady too.
Posted by Beverly on 8/30/2018, 11:04 am, in reply to "My big gratitude for today ...."
In Cleveland... we could get CKLW from Detroit/Windsor. |
I heard all that motown music. Loved it then and still now. It's classic.
I've read they will have 50 pink cadilacs for the funeral.
Posted by Krista on 8/30/2018, 11:04 am, in reply to "My big gratitude for today ...."
I can only imagine how many people are paying their respects world-wide. How awesome that they are honouring her in your town!|
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]