Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Sunday Gratefuls? nt
Posted by Paula on 9/2/2018, 9:40 am
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 9/2/2018, 11:13 am, in reply to "Sunday Gratefuls? nt"
1) my sister in law Kim has a walker I can borrow while recovering and my friend Holly has crutches |
2) Red Cross "loans" stuff like this out but they may be out due to high demand. Tomorrow I will call them about the toilet seat "raiser", the tub bench / chair and a cane
3) Ray is out hopefully finishing my friend Amanda's new deck build today
4) beautiful weather
5) on the radio tomorrow and my friend Trish who works there as well said if I am better earlier than the 4 weeks definitely to call the boss as the "ratings" are on now and he would want me back. That's good to know! I'm booked out 4 weeks but may feel better sooner and it would be great to go back early
Posted by Beverly on 9/2/2018, 11:45 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
to see you are gathering the after surgery helping objects. They will help.|
Got everything but cane!
Posted by Krista on 9/2/2018, 3:01 pm, in reply to "Glad "
Another friend had the toilet "raiser" and my Dad had the bench seat. Awesome eh?|
Posted by Beverly on 9/2/2018, 10:43 am, in reply to "Sunday Gratefuls? nt"
- wearing my new knee brace.... not sure it's the right one... but, the doctor wants to figure it out. |
- a really nice email from my cousin Erika - Lou's wife. She is getting into a healing mode now with Lou. It's going to take a long time for him to feel better from his mono. I always bring a supper to folks with a sick person, funeral, new baby etc. Well I could not do that for family in Baltimore. So, I sent a gift card to Whole Foods. They have the best take out/deli area. She loved it. So glad.
- air conditioning. I don't know how folks used to live without it. I laugh... we didn't have as a kid. I few fans. Once you get used to it... there's no goin back. LOL
- It's September... Maxie will be 5 this month. Time flies... wow
- fun sciencey shows on TV - love them
- kids seem to like the things going on at school.
friends,, you all, you all, fb, internet, cell, car
Love reading all these as well
Posted by Krista on 9/2/2018, 11:10 am, in reply to "me"
Glad to hear Lou "only" has mono and what a nice gift from you! |
Glad to hear you're trying out knee braces. They can help a lot. I don't know anything about water on the knee - when you have time let us know what the prognosis is. Will it "go away" or might you need surgery? (Man I'm a surgery ho now thinking we all need it since I do!)
Posted by Beverly on 9/2/2018, 11:44 am, in reply to "Love reading all these as well"
I really DID laugh out loud. I think it's some kind of inflamation. Will keep you posted.|
Posted by Paula on 9/2/2018, 9:52 am, in reply to "Sunday Gratefuls? nt"
3 more days off, including this one |
the storm didn't knock branches off my huge trees. I'm not usually scared in these storms but this one came on so suddenly and strong. The sky turned dark, like it was night. I like storms but I have so many huge oak tree branches hanging over my house and it scares me that they will snap off and come through my house or one of these ancient oaks will have had enough and come down like that huge one did along the side of my house 2 years ago. Each year I have a little more tree trimming done. After the leaves fall and all the birdies have had their babies, I wil get someone out her to do more.
My arm and shoulder are a bit better (even tho being on the computer is the worst. You guys know my shoulder/rhomboid area really is messed up. It's been doing some better but a couple nights ago, I must have slept wrong or something. I've hardly been able to lift my arm since Wednesday. It was so bad yesterday that I was going to the ER if it wasn't better today and I rarely go to the doctor for any thing. It's better today but not back to it's best pain level. Just trying not to lift it over my head today (which means no blow drying my hair...beautiful!) and stay off the computer.
The funeral for John McCain. It all reminded me of what I hold so dear...the respect, honor, gratitude, selflessness...country before self...I wanted to just immerse myself in the warmth of it
Charlie took a longer walk with me today...almost 9 blocks. I'm sure the old guy won't move the rest of the day.
Love to read these ...
Posted by Krista on 9/2/2018, 11:09 am, in reply to "Mine"
... but get that shoulder looked at! (Although your med system is a lot quicker than ours) Could be something more serious needed surgery, Paula. Don't say "no no Krista" - get it checked ok? I care and I don't want to see you suffering. |
Glad to hear Charlie's on the move and I understand about the trees!
So glad your shoulder and arm are feeling some better
Posted by Beverly` on 9/2/2018, 10:33 am, in reply to "Mine"
I too loved all the people speaking at McCain's funeral. It was like getting back to basics. I reminder of what we don't have now. |
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]