Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Terrific Tuesday Thankfuls? nt
Posted by Krista on 9/4/2018, 6:33 am
Posted by Cindy on 9/5/2018, 1:39 am, in reply to "Terrific Tuesday Thankfuls? nt"
1. Back at work today after a nice 3 day weekend. Wish they were all 3 day weekends- wouldn’t that be nice? |
2. Starting to feel better. So thankful for that.
3. A consumer that I have been working with was hired as a janitor at the school district! He will be full time and have insurance!
4. Online crossword puzzles. My latest passion!
5. The promise of sunshine on the weekend after a bunch of rain this week!
Sorry to feel you're still not well
Posted by Krista on 9/5/2018, 6:20 am, in reply to "My five..."
and sad that you are back at work when you're not feeling 100%. Is anything medicine-wise helping?|
Posted by Paula on 9/4/2018, 10:19 am, in reply to "Terrific Tuesday Thankfuls? nt"
Found my phone this morning |
I heard it ringing but could not trace the sound but eventually found it under my bed.
Unfortunately, it was from Jenee, the therapist I left behind in my other clinic. She left me a msg to call her back asap. I did but another coworker, Alison, answered. I knew immediately what had happened. I had seen a client at that clinic for 4+ years, long history of depression and multiple suicide attempts. Most of them were more cries for help but he was hospitalized never-the-less. She and I had been talking back and forth because he missed an appt with her which is not like him, no call, no return call. I was nervous but let it roll for another week until after his second standard appt. When he missed the second one and all calls were going to his voicemail, I reached out; looked for family members...kept checking the obituaries. Anyway, the call was from Jenee to tell me that Bryan had killed himself. One of the docs saw it in the paper. There was no info provided but I'm sure I know what happened. She is devastated as if it's somehow her fault, that if I had still been there, he would still be alive. I did pull him through many suicidal moments and knew him very well but it could have happened on my watch as well. I feel renewed anger about why I left the clinic...none of this had to happen.
Grats are that Alison is there for her today and that I'm off so I can meet up with her later if she wants. I have a bone density scan this morning and a couple of errands and then I'm done.
For Krista for reaching out to me and for others doing the same.
Gentle hugs, Paula
Posted by Sue on 9/5/2018, 8:27 am, in reply to "Mine"
Things like this are so tough |
Posted by Beverly on 9/4/2018, 11:01 pm, in reply to "Mine"
we could predict the future. New jobs are sometimes a 'crap shoot" I am so sorry to hear of the loss of a client from your previous clinic. It's |
not your fault for leaving.
Love you, friend.
So sorry to hear this
Posted by Krista on 9/4/2018, 10:36 am, in reply to "Mine"
So sorry to hear about the loss of your close client. There is nothing ANY of you could have done, sadly. Rest in the fact that you did help this individual countless times. My heart goes out to all of you, Paula.|
Posted by Beverly on 9/4/2018, 10:02 am, in reply to "Terrific Tuesday Thankfuls? nt"
- air conditioning on these hot hot days |
- first day I didn't wake of up with knee pain... came soreness a little later on
- so far no tummy ache from knee medicine
- Barbara has a little less back pain.
- many more ideas for a happier life
friends, family, YOU ALL, fb, internet, cell, car
Darn re the knee!
Posted by Krista on 9/4/2018, 10:04 am, in reply to "me"
What did they give you for knee medicine? I sure hope you're feeling better soon, friend.|
Posted by Sue on 9/4/2018, 8:04 am, in reply to "Terrific Tuesday Thankfuls? nt"
Had a fun, relaxing Labor Day weekend with family and friends/neighbors. |
Doing some sorting and purging of clothing and small items we no longer want/use.
Bill and I are both feeling pretty good.
Chili Dogs.....had them for dinner last night....so yummy!
These beautiful Fall-like mornings on the lake. I"m gonna miss them.
Hope Shirley is ok! Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 9/4/2018, 6:40 am, in reply to "Terrific Tuesday Thankfuls? nt"
1) pre-op appointment is being done just over the phone since they already have my chest x-ray, EKG and blood tests from August. Will get the low-down for my knee replacement at 11 am today |
2) only a few things I need to do today - get gas, go the bank, pick up Ray's prescriptions and call Dr. Fletcher's office to see if I can get in earlier than Sept 24. I may not even bother with that last one as they wouldn't do 2 surgeries that close (e.g. 6 weeks or more, I believe)
3) Winter Carnival coffee - on the final few
4) library books - stocking up today
5) Ray made $1100 building the deck for my friend Amanda - they are pleased and he is too!
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]