Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Thursday...what are you grateful for
Posted by shirley on 9/6/2018, 6:02 am
Posted by Cindy on 9/7/2018, 2:41 am, in reply to "Thursday...what are you grateful for"
1. Ken went to his oncologist for his 6 month check on his tumor that is on his pancreas and it is still the same size it has been for the past 10 years. We are now going to go a year before we go back and check it again. Praise God! |
2. Today was my anniversary date for when I started my job! I am now in my 7th year! I got a 1.5% raise. Not a lot, but still a raise and I am thankful.
3. My sister Peggy stopped by to see me at work today! She and her husband are in town for a couple of days from their home in Texas.
4. One of my consumers got a job yesterday and another one got a job today!
5. Feeling better each day. So grateful.
Posted by Beverly on 9/6/2018, 10:31 pm, in reply to "Thursday...what are you grateful for"
- got some things put into place for mom, murr, michigan gang, local family party... |
- I love my crazy Thor type movies - My friend, Tant Elle from Sweden, got me interested
- Murray got the wood to build me a raliing for the front door& & steps
- Murray said he would go to Mom's and encourage her to walk more
- plentiful clean water
- mom'a neurology appointment is next week
friends. family, you all, fb, internet,cell, car
Posted by Delta on 9/6/2018, 4:14 pm, in reply to "Thursday...what are you grateful for"
Waking up on this side of the dirt today and having another chance to get it right. |
Each person had a room to themselves to lounge around in over the long Labor Day weekend. Everyone was puny and didn't really want to interact with anyone else.
That my cousin decided not to come down. I would have loved to see her but she was just getting over bronchitis and we all had different things that she could have caught, and I didn't have to put forth the effort to be there while she was here. It worked out for the best although it was disappointing for all.
The boys feel like being back in school now, My husband and I are moving around but not back to full speed.
The internet system that our doctor and most of our specialists are on. Priceless. Not only can all our doctors keep up with what is going on with the other doctors we see but they communicate with us through it and we can communicate with them. Daughter is still down for the count with a sinus and ear infection. She posted it online when the offices opened Tuesday and asked for an appointment. They called her and told her the doctor was sending prescriptions to her pharmacy, take it and if she wasn't better in a few days to call or message them back and they would get her in that day. Since the doctor is across town, about 45 minutes away if traffic is flowing that makes a difference.
My last blood tests show the infection is almost gone. It may or may not take another round of antibiotics but at least something worked. Finally!
My husband getting some things off his lengthy to-do list around the house the past couple of days. The projects are pretty major as far as getting them done but don't take a lot of time or energy to get done--things like toilet paper holders that have pulled through the wall needing a hot patch, a spot of paint and the holder screwed back so that it misses the patch. He'll do a little and rest then do a little more and rest again.
That Paula and Cindy had such good support here during their difficult times lately. My heart goes out to both of you ladies. I am so sorry that you have both had losses.
That Shirley is feeling better.
That Krista is getting in earlier to see the doctor about her shoulder although it must be crushingly disappointing to have yet another surgery postponed at the last minute.
The scale is trickling down again.
I don't know whether to be grateful or disappointed that Sue is getting ready to move. I don't know which place I love hearing about more. I begin to wonder if whatever place Sue is in is a most beautiful place.
CindyH is checking in more often. She sounds so excited about her daughter's upcoming wedding and having that grandbaby nearby. I am grateful that her mother seems to be having some peaceful times.
Beverly and her "kids" and fossils as well as her storytelling. Beverly will always be youthful, no matter what her age happens to be.
You keep up with all of us so well!
Posted by Paula on 9/7/2018, 5:47 pm, in reply to "Thursday Thankfuls"
I appreciate your thoughtfulness. |
Did you read in my grats for the 5th that I made your pizza? It does take care of my pizza cravings!
Such sweet words, Delta....
Posted by Sue on 9/7/2018, 7:59 am, in reply to "Thursday Thankfuls"
Thank you so much....love hearing them!|
Posted by Beverly on 9/6/2018, 10:34 pm, in reply to "Thursday Thankfuls"
to read these gratefuls. so many wonderful gratefuls. |
Thanks, Delta, for your kind words and thoughts...
Love reading all these
Posted by Krista on 9/6/2018, 5:59 pm, in reply to "Thursday Thankfuls"
and so awesome re your medical system being online and so quick like that! |
Glad to hear your blood tests are looking good, Delta.
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 9/6/2018, 7:56 am, in reply to "Thursday...what are you grateful for"
1) got called into radio station as Trish is sick today and am working there THIS Saturday as well (they gave me back 1 of my shifts) |
2) Ray is going to take the whole week off when I have the knee surgery on the 17th
3) got my shoulder doc appt moved up to Sep 11 instead of Sep 24 so hopefully we can get some answers on that day when surgery can be done
4) cooked up a keto egg casserole with hamburger and cheese and taking that for lunch today
5) support from friends when I need it. This has been a trying year resolving health issues so thank you always
Posted by shirley on 9/7/2018, 8:22 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
when u do keto, does ray lose also|
Ray doesn't do keto
Posted by Krista on 9/7/2018, 12:30 pm, in reply to "krista"
At the moment, we're both doing bad but keep saying "On Monday ...". Ray loves his beer way toooo much to keto! |
Posted by Beverly on 9/6/2018, 10:35 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
Ray will take the week off when you have your surgery.|
6) get to go to knee surgery "learning session" Sep 10
Posted by Krista on 9/6/2018, 8:00 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
They called me yesterday to let me know - seperate call from cancellation so I was hesistant to "want" to answer the phone!|
Posted by shirley on 9/6/2018, 6:08 am, in reply to "Thursday...what are you grateful for"
grateful for |
a clean slate with my food
my friends christine and robbie
nancy who helps me clean and has become a dear friend
groceries in the house
bills are paid
fall is coming
i am pretty much the same weight at the onset of fall as i was in the spring. miracle.
the first cup of coffee in the morning....i may give up cream
my family and friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]