Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by shirley on 9/8/2018, 5:33 am
Posted by Delta on 9/8/2018, 9:57 pm, in reply to "Saturday's gratefuls"
Talked to my mother. She was finally able to see the ortho yesterday for the arm that they thought she broke in church last Sunday. He told her that a bone in her elbow indeed is broken but didn't do anything but tell her to keep wearing the splint the ER gave her and not use it then see him in two weeks. It's not bothering her except for having to do things one handed so I a grateful for that. |
My husband and I took DIL's mother with us and met Son, DIL and that Grandson to visit their town's annual festival today. I was able to navigate it with no problem for about 2.5 hours with some stops thrown in. It was enjoyable to get out of the house after being cooped up all summer.
With all the off plan food choices presented to me, I managed to make choices that I feel good about today.
We had mostly cloudy skies and a breeze where we were today but our house had two storms with lots of rain that we needed and we are having another storm with heavy rain right now. We were sooooo dry.
My husband's blood sugars are rarely going over 157 and he is rarely taking regular insulin. He is taking some long-acting insulin but less than 25 units for all day. I am so happy about this. His endocrinologist had told him that since having pancreatitis that he would be on higher and higher doses of insulin all his life because his pancreas was no longer working. It has taken three years and him gaining about 60 pounds from the insulin but it is finally beginning to work and he has lost about 15 pounds this summer. Go pancreas go!
So grateful we didn't buy the house we seriously considered buying on the gulf. It is right where Gordon went through. We haven't seen that specific house on TV yet so we don't know how it fared but we know that the road in front of it is cut off on both sides of the house and from the mainland right now and without power. Since there are no supermarkets around close there won't be much to left to buy in restaurants or the small grocery stores for a week or more, depending on the flooding. We would either be stuck in our house or stuck away from home until the water goes down, depending on if we evacuated. Just really glad that we kept this house and stayed here.
Posted by shirley on 9/9/2018, 4:36 am, in reply to "Saturday Gratefuls"
to read about your husband's blood sugar being so stable and the weight coming off. |
Posted by Cindy on 9/8/2018, 12:42 pm, in reply to "Saturday's gratefuls"
1. A program that works and the willingness to work it! |
2. Took the dogs to the vet yesterday and found out they have colds., spent $200 that I really didnít have to spend, but they are better this morning. These fur babies can get expensive!
3. Glad cable company will let me make my payment a week later since I spent the money on the vet!
4. Just knowing that everything will be ok. Money is tight right now-but I have a roof over my head, a car to drive, and a good job to go to that I enjoy. AND I am loved!
5. Rain is supposed to clear up! Itís been rainy all week and there is sunshine in the forecast for tomorrow! Yay!
Posted by Beverly on 9/8/2018, 9:20 am, in reply to "Saturday's gratefuls"
- I finally did fall asleep last night. |
- Grateful that I will see the knee doctor on Monday. I unintentionally twisted my sore knee. Hurts a
- Murray has such a kindness to old people, especially. Hey... that's almost me.
- rain the next two days... not flooding, though. Grateful... maybe we can get some more tomatoes from the garden.
- caught the groundhog in a trap.
- such wonderful loving and kindness from you ladies.
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car
Posted by Beverly on 9/8/2018, 10:16 am, in reply to "mine"
I hurt it a few weeks ago going up a hill that was very lumpy bumpy. |
Thursday - Murray left the potty seat up It was dark and I fell in toilet. Reflex was just getting up fast. However I didn't think of the best way to do it. Pushed myself up and out with my sore knee. Ouch!!!
Glad to hear you're seeing knee doc
Posted by Krista on 9/8/2018, 9:55 am, in reply to "mine"
Hope they can help alleviate the pain. You've suffered with recurring knee stuff for way way way too long, my friend. |
I saw him last week.
Posted by Beverly on 9/8/2018, 10:03 am, in reply to "Glad to hear you're seeing knee doc"
We will do some shots and get a new brace. Thanks. I am taking anti-inflamatory. |
Posted by Krista on 9/9/2018, 10:33 am, in reply to "I saw him last week."
Do they help and how often do you get them? Hope they bring quick relief.|
Can do cortizine every 3 months
Posted by Beverly on 9/9/2018, 12:37 pm, in reply to "Cortisone?"
We are going to try Sinvisk - a series of 3 shots ( a week between each) It fills the area with a gellike emulsion).|
Was the pain keeping you up?
Posted by Paula on 9/8/2018, 9:29 am, in reply to "mine"
I didn't sleep well last night...maybe it's a moon or low pressure thing...stormed last night and rain all day and tomorrow. Do you wear a brace from being able to twist your knee?|
If I got in a certain position
Posted by Beverly on 9/8/2018, 10:06 am, in reply to "Was the pain keeping you up?"
I feel the pain. I've tried 2 braces... but, they make it worse. Doctor said I will get different one via a place that can get the right one. |
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 9/8/2018, 7:36 am, in reply to "Saturday's gratefuls"
1) reading Shirley's kind words |
2) cooked Ray bacon, scrambled eggs made with some heavy whipping cream, 3 eggs and creamed cheese, and toast. He said Gordon Ramsay would be proud! LOL
3) working at the radio station today. It "SHOULD" be my last shift before surgery as they gave my next Saturday to the new guy - probably will be although I did pick up a remote at Toyota Friday afternoon (3-7)
4) as Shirley said, that first cup of coffee - enjoying mine now and filling my thermos up to take to work
5) knee surgery information session on Monday at the hospital. One step closer.
Posted by shirley on 9/8/2018, 5:51 am, in reply to "Saturday's gratefuls"
a great lunch out with beth yesterday...breakfast for 4.95 at karls...and home made good food plus the best company. i felt so happy. a friend paid for our lunch ta boot!!! |
a good nights sleep
a good, fresh cup of coffee
the little things in life that matter so much like a hug. had 2 yesterday
medication when i need it
missing my nieces and nephew and the kids...time for a get together
a good life, better than i deserve
thinking about paula's work made me think of the value in what all of you do...krista's joyful voice bringing smiles and music into the hearts of ppl who need to hear a happy voice, beverly telling stories to delight the hearts of children and getting their minds off the worries of life for a while, cindy helping folks who the world often pushes aside and forgets...to find jobs and create a meaningful life for them. there's beauty and value in what each of you do and i am grateful for the kind of friends you are, not just to me but to this broken world around us.
i love you all and am thankful for another morning with you.
Posted by shirley on 9/8/2018, 5:54 am, in reply to "mine"
no more stone fragments the last 3 days...so grateful|
Posted by Delta on 9/8/2018, 9:58 pm, in reply to "one more"
So glad to hear that. I hope things are improving for you now. |
Re: one more
Posted by Paula on 9/8/2018, 9:32 am, in reply to "one more"
That's great news! Only had a kidney stone once and that was enough.|
So glad to hear this!
Posted by Krista on 9/8/2018, 7:34 am, in reply to "one more"
Are you feeling a lot better?|
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]