Posted by Cindy on 9/9/2018, 5:26 pm, in reply to "Sunday's gratitudes"
1. That Ken is okay. He was having chest pains yesterday and I took him to the ER. EKG looked normal, but due to his high blood pressure and the fact he smokes, and is older, etc., they wanted to keep him overnight. He refused and signed an AMA (against medical advice) waiver and we left. He was feeling much better by the time we left. Thinking it could just be stress or anxiety but will be following up with our doctor tomorrow. |
2. After we left the hospital we went and got Ken a bite to eat and while he ate we drove around, which is something Ken loves to do, looking for old cars, which helps calm him down. The Kansas State Fair is in town this week and we went by there and noticed these two ladies, one kind of leaning on the fence, with the other one holding onto her arm. As we drove past, Ken and I both asked each other about the same time, ďDo you think they need help?Ē We decided to turn around and go ask them, and they said they were fine, but the older, heavier woman said her hip went out and she was trying to wait until the pain went down. The younger girl was praying over her. We offered to take them where they needed to go, which turned out to be about 4 blocks down the road to a gate where they were going to meet their friends. The woman with the hip issue was from a nearby city, and the younger girl was from Canada! Krista, I thought of you when she said where she was from! They were getting together with church friends from all over to go to the fair! When we pulled over the younger girl asked if she could say a blessing for us, and we all held hands while she prayed! It was really a neat thing, and I know all of us were blessed by meeting!
3. The sun is out! It has been raining all week! I have even mowed the back yard!
4. Feeling better. Still a little achey, but definitely on the mend.
5. Feeling hopeful about getting to a healthier weight! Hoping to be at goal by this time next year.