Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by shirley on 9/10/2018, 3:43 am
Getting in here late...
Posted by Cindy on 9/11/2018, 1:57 am, in reply to "Monday's thankfuls"
But wanted to post my five... |
1. Ken was able to get into his primary care doctor this morning to follow up on his trip to the ER on Saturday. No known reason for why he was feeling that chest pain. Could be anxiety. All of his tests looked good. He wants him to see a cardiologist to see if he needs a stress test or have a heart cath done to rule out any problems. His dr said that his over the counter sinus meds might be the cause of his high BP and he told him to quit taking them. Also gave him a steroid shot to help with his sinus infection.
2. The clinic called with his appointment for the cardiologist for this Thursday. Glad he could get in so quickly.
3. My work has been great letting me take time off to accompany Ken to his appointments.
4. I had my annual review at work and got a raise. (Canít remeber if I mentioned that before!) The company only gave a 1.5% raise this year to employees, but Iíll take it! They also pay for my health insurance premium each month, which really helps! Not many companies pick up the single premium for their employees so I am blessed!
5. Time spent with Ken. All these health scares makes me realize how precious every second is that we get to spend with each other.
Glad to hear re Ken and WOOHOO
Posted by Krista on 9/11/2018, 6:44 am, in reply to "Getting in here late..."
on the raise! That's awesome!|
Posted by Delta on 9/10/2018, 6:50 pm, in reply to "Monday's thankfuls"
Clean laundry. |
Anticipating sleeping on clean sheets in clean PJs tonight. I love crawling between fresh sheets after my night time shower. I usually sleep so well.
My grandson saved his money like a miser while he was working during the summer. He had been driving one of our cars but he found a car he liked over the weekend that he could afford without having payments. It is now his. It has new tires and checked out sound except it will need new brakes soon. Grandaddy is pushing him to go ahead and have them done after his next paycheck.
Having a simple dinner tonight so I can sit down and rest until my husband and daughter get home. I need it.
Getting the sewing bug again. I really lost the desire during the summer when there was so much going on all the time.
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 9/10/2018, 10:25 am, in reply to "Monday's thankfuls"
1) slept in this morning (after sending Ray off to work of course - with his coffee and lunch) |
2) we're both getting on track today. Canada's Food Guide works well for Ray but even cutting out the beer and bread will work for him too! Back to keto for me - I gotta get my head on straight.
3) knee surgery info session in a couple of hours at the hospital. Hope to learn lots and get some questions answered
4) gorgeous weather again today. We've had an incredible summer here in New Brunswick
5) Ray bought a snow-blower from a friend for $800. It's a couple years old and looks barely used - brand new it would have been $1500-1800 so he got a good deal
Nice that you got a sleep in this morning
Posted by Delta on 9/10/2018, 7:04 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
That has been rare for you for a while. Sounds like a great deal on the snow blower. Never needed one of those. Ice melter occasionally since we tend to have ice storms but when we get the infrequent snow is usually gone quickly. The year we moved here there was a weather phenomenon that dropped several feet of snow over a 6 week period, 6"-14" at a time. The snow usually was not completely gone before another came along. The people here were freaking out, there were a lot of wrecks because there are no snow plows or salt trucks here and a lot of stubborn people that think they can drive on snow like a dry highway. Children love it. I have pictures of my children 4 and 7 at the time standing almost chest deep in the drifts for the 7 year old and a head barely showing for the 4 year old. Ah, the memories, but that once was enough. You can have it. |
6) pain pgmt doc called- follow-up tomorrow!
Posted by Krista on 9/10/2018, 5:20 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
It might be overkill since I see shoulder surgeon tomorrow morning and knee replacement coming up but I did not want to turn it down as she is going on mat leave and I probably won't get it to see her again (out for a YEAR) Want to follow-up on when to know / if I will need surgery for carpal tunnel and if I do have to wait for shoulder / bicep, what are some other options for pain (since Gabapentin / Elavil and cortisone shot have not helped)|
Re: 6) pain pgmt doc called- follow-up tomorrow!
Posted by Paula on 9/10/2018, 11:21 pm, in reply to "6) pain pgmt doc called- follow-up tomorrow!"
Good grief...so much to keep track of but you have such a great attitude...helps a lot with healing. Read below about the preop class. Sounds like they gave lots of good info! And to a question from a few days ago...we call it physical therapy. I think the fact that you are fit will help, too.|
All written down Paula
Posted by Krista on 9/11/2018, 6:42 am, in reply to "Re: 6) pain pgmt doc called- follow-up tomorrow!"
I have even written down in point form and typed out all the different medications and xrays/MRIs/bonescans/catscans and various treatments tried as well as all meds. Printed 'em out and take them with me Otherwise, there's no way I could remember!|
Posted by Beverly on 9/10/2018, 8:29 am, in reply to "Monday's thankfuls"
- no rain today... cool fall weather |
- dishwasher... luxury item, really
- dealing with health concerns
- my friends of a different political views and I just don't talk about
- glad I watch all the news stations... interesting how the same news isn't presented the same by all the networks
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car
Posted by Paula on 9/10/2018, 11:23 pm, in reply to "mine"
Hope there aren't health concerns to have to de add l with for much longer. I read that Project Runway is no more!!!!!! Tim and Heidi are off to other things...bummed |
I hope that you were able to
Posted by Delta on 9/10/2018, 6:55 pm, in reply to "mine"
enjoy your fall like weather today. We had it yesterday and today but it came with rain so we couldn't really enjoy it. Going back up to near 100 now if Florence doesn't change things. |
Glad to hear you're...
Posted by Krista on 9/10/2018, 10:21 am, in reply to "mine"
...dealing with health concerns and hope you get relief soon, my friend.|
Re: Monday's thankfuls
Posted by Sue on 9/10/2018, 8:05 am, in reply to "Monday's thankfuls"
The weather has been rainy and gloomy, so we're staying inside and getting things done. |
Lots of NFL Football yesterday. We LUV our football!
Talked with several old friends I hadn't touched based with in quite a while. So nice.
Going to the Farmer's Market this morning to buy canning tomatoes. We'll be canning our chili sauce/relish this week
Big accident just down the road from us. The "thankful" is no one was seriously injured. Sure looked bad, tho....a roll over from going too fast on the dirt road. Will they ever learn?
Cna you share
Posted by Delta on 9/10/2018, 6:53 pm, in reply to "Re: Monday's thankfuls"
your chili sauce recipe? It seems sad that you are leaving your lake cabin but I am sure that LV is a much more comfortable place to be in winter. |
Enjoy your count down
Posted by Krista on 9/10/2018, 10:21 am, in reply to "Re: Monday's thankfuls"
to going to your other home. Sounds like you've had a lovely summer. Are you fully recovered from your surgery now? Hope so, Sue |
I have an appointment
Posted by Sue on 9/10/2018, 4:31 pm, in reply to "Enjoy your count down"
with the eye surgeon next Monday, and he'll let me know what's going on. I'm thinking it's all going to be great, and I'll be released from his care. Then, I'll need to get new eye glasses. At least, that's MY plan! lol|
Re: I have an appointment
Posted by Paula on 9/10/2018, 11:27 pm, in reply to "I have an appointment"
Great Plan! |
It's so weird...I feel sad that you are leaving Michigan as if you'll be further away which makes no sense since I'm nowhere near either place. I think I can relate to the lake summers and have never had any interest in Las Vegas at all.
Posted by shirley on 9/10/2018, 3:56 am, in reply to "Monday's thankfuls"
great sermon yesterday |
zaxby's salad for lunch...black n blue...low carbing it for a few days to get back on track
hugs at church
dr appts this week and then no more for a while
that ken is okay
delta is feeling better
paula's trip is soon...i go there thru her pictures and posts
a home i love
clean conscience...i am not perfect but try to live a good life
a ride to church
the emotional and spiritual release i feel just walking into God's house. i am so shut down emotionally/spiritually but not there. i want to put my face in my hands and let go and sob when i see the cross and hear the music. i feel so detached even though i know God will never let go of me because of his unconditional love. grateful, so grateful
Are you living where you went after the house was sold? Nt
Posted by Paula on 9/10/2018, 11:31 pm, in reply to "mine"
I am glad that you have passed those stones
Posted by Delta on 9/10/2018, 6:51 pm, in reply to "mine"
and are having no pain. No pain is always wonderful. |
No pain = awesome
Posted by Krista on 9/10/2018, 10:19 am, in reply to "mine"
And all the love you give and get at Church is a blessing. I am glad it brings you such joy, Shirley. Truly, I am sitting here smiling reading your grats.|
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]