Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by shirley on 10/17/2018, 4:05 am
Posted by Cindy on 10/17/2018, 9:03 am, in reply to "Wednesday's gratitudes"
1. This board and how much you all mean to me! |
2. Today is the day! Disability Mentoring Day has arrived! This is the yearly event we do at my workplace and I have put a lot of work in it! It is a national event where we pair high school students living with a disability with employers in Hutchinson and surrounding areas to job shadow for part of the day! This year we placed 100 students! Usually my coworker Roger (the guy that died this past August) and I pretty much single handedly do the placements, but with him gone it fell on my shoulders. I had some great help from my other coworkers and we got it done! Hopefully everything works out and all the kids will be happy!
3. Ken, my sweet husband. He had an MRI yesterday. They are trying to figure out why he stumbles around-usually to one side at times. Doesnít happen all the time, but it is worrisome. Please keep him in your prayers.
4. Coffee in the mornings! Love that first cup!
5. My new washing machine. I got one that has the agitator in it and I am so glad. I never did like that other washer that didnít have one!
Love you ladies!
will pray for ken!!
Posted by ahirley on 10/18/2018, 6:06 am, in reply to "My five..."
hope they find out quickly what's wrong. |
love that you got a new washer, and hope your disability mentoring day went well!! hope they recognize your single handed hard work and give you a promotion!!
Sending positive thoughts and prayers!
Posted by Krista on 10/17/2018, 8:23 pm, in reply to "My five..."
Gosh I hope they can figure out quickly what is wrong with Ken!|
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 10/17/2018, 6:26 am, in reply to "Wednesday's gratitudes"
1) I'm getting to meet Dean Brody backstage next week before the concert. I'm SUPER excited! |
2) learned a lot working my shift at the gym yesterday
3) only official "to do" today is physio at 10:30. Nice to have a day to just putter around ~ other things on the list that I can choose to do or not
4) did not use the cane at all yesterday - 4 weeks and a day and I'm saying goodbye to the cane. WooOHoo!
5) like Shirley, hot coffee -- especially the first one of the day!
Posted by shirley on 10/17/2018, 4:23 am, in reply to "Wednesday's gratitudes"
fresh, hot coffee |
family...miss my brother
my fsf family...miss everyone
being at goal - 129.8
low carb and how much i love it. have added more carbs now that i hit 130.
homemade veggie beef soup from a neighbor
new walker that is lighter for when i am in the car going somewhere
my crockpot chicken
waking up with true hunger
willingness to stay on plan
goal weight...129 feels better than a sonic blast or a sausage biscuit
my body feeling smaller
friends online and off
paula having a great trip
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]