Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by shirley on 12/31/2018, 2:33 am
Posted by Delta on 12/31/2018, 9:13 pm, in reply to "Monday's gratefuls"
How a change of perspective changes so much in our lives. |
My ears were hurting so bad when I got up as well as the lymph nodes in my neck and under my arm. I am grateful that the urgent care clinic was open and though the staff said it had been standing room only all day there was no one in the waiting room when I went in and I got called back in less than five minutes. They gave me a shot that had something for inflammation, Toradol for pain, some B12 and a bit of steroid. By the time I got to the drug store about 1/2 mile away to pick up my meds, everything had stopped throbbing.
Although we had heavy rains part of the night and all morning it stopped while I was driving to and then from the doctor. I hate driving in the rain so I was very grateful for that.
The heavy rains had caused flooding that washed leaves into the drainage ditch and for some reason they all got stuck trying to go through my driveway culvert which is the biggest one on the street. Go figure. It further stopped everything up and the street and neighbors below me were flooding because of it. When I got home from the doctor I had enough energy from the B-12 and steroids to get out there and pull the leaves out of the ditch and rake them into bags. I had two huge lawn bags full of soggy leaves. I am so grateful that I had the energy to deal with them.
Though it has rained most ot the day, except when I was driving I hurried out to rake the leaves while it was not raining when I got home. While I was raking it was most pleasant. The wind that had been blowing so hard all day stopped, the chill in the air disappeared (or because of steroids I didn't feel it), and the sun came out in a tiny little break in the clouds. When I finished it got all gray, rainy, windy and chilly again.
Grocery run and laundry are done for another week.
The kids got their own breakfast this morning, straightened the house for me, mopped the kitchen floor because they had spilled tea and just swabbing it up had not worked out well for them. All this without being asked because they are sweeties.
I got all the Christmas decorations down and stored for another year.
When I got up this morning I felt like it was going to be a horrible day just because of the perspective but changing just one thing caused it to turn out to be fairly nice.
Posted by Cindy on 1/1/2019, 1:55 am, in reply to " Monday's gratefuls"
You got some shots/medicine to help you feel better! Take care of yourself and I hope you continue to feel better and better! |
Posted by Delta on 12/31/2018, 9:31 pm, in reply to " Monday's gratefuls"
Monday is my weigh in day. I was down a half pound during the week of Christmas. I'll happily take that! I am considering moving my weigh in day to Wednesdays so it will sync with weigh-in day here because most times I forget to post on Wednesday, even when I am all happy on Monday. |
Posted by Cindy on 12/31/2018, 11:29 am, in reply to "Monday's gratefuls"
1. Getting today off! Our boss decided since we didnít get Christmas cash bonuses this year they would give us an extra day off as a bonus. Love having the extra day off! |
2. Eating better meaning 3 meals instead of snacking all day. I still got up in the middle of the night and ate some cheese and summer sausage while I was letting the dogs out. Not sure what that was all about, but I am going to get some yogurt, sugar free applesauce or have a boiled egg peeled and ready to grab if I get up and want something to eat. It seems when I am semi sleepy, getting up from a nap, in the middle of the night, etc I tend to snack. I used to do this a lot, but had gotten over it, so I need to have a plan in place that if it does happen I can do the least amount of damage. Still learning!
3. My three dogs. Otis, Maggie and Molly. They are such little stinkers (especially the girls) but I love them so. They are our kids and watching the girls outside running and jumping and playing, brings me joy. Otis is my big boy and he just likes laying on a rug by our fireplace. It is his favorite spot!
4. My little finger is a tad bit better today. The above girls were wrestling around yesterday and both jumped up on the couch where I was sitting, and when I tried to push them off of me, one of them somehow hit my little finger and broke a blood vessel. I thought at first my finger was broken! It hurt like crazy, but soon I could see the bruising and knew what had happened! Ouch!
5. A new year is upon us! So many possibilities await us! I hope that 2019 is a year filled with joy for all of us!
Posted by A few on 12/31/2018, 10:58 am, in reply to "Monday's gratefuls"
New Year's Eve 2018.....out with the old--in with the new! I'm ready. |
Looking forward to getting the house back in order after the holidays. We've been rather slack with the up-keep. lol
Sophie Rose -- what a bed hog - -
Splurging with lobster tails for dinner....and salad. Maybe even a glass of wine or bubbly.
Hopefully staying up 'til midnight to watch the fireworks display on The Strip. It's always awesome. We can watch it from our back yard.
Re: Monday's gratefuls
Posted by Paula on 12/31/2018, 10:29 am, in reply to "Monday's gratefuls"
Only work half day today |
Hope to get my offer letter so I can put my notice in today. Had a bit of a converting call today. Told my new boss that I would have to be off the road by 3:30 on Mondays. I didn't tell her it was because of private practice. She hesitated about this and said it would be ok unless there was an emergency. I can tell she didn't like it even though I said I'd make it up any other evening. Maybe II'll keep the Bon Secour interview Friday.
OJ I don't drink it often but have a sore throat and beginning of a cold
OJ just sounded good.
So glad to be leaving here
Posted by shirley on 12/31/2018, 2:44 am, in reply to "Monday's gratefuls"
staying on track yesterday...no sugar - felt great |
135.2 - almost under my range
sumatra bold - got some for Christmas
boiled eggs - easy protein
cooked chicken and beef patties to get ready for serious eating
broccoli - my favorite veggie
the first cup of coffee in the morning
having a plan that works for me
missing having coffee with terry
being able to indulge some at Christmas even though i overdid it
Posted by Cindyh on 12/31/2018, 9:52 am, in reply to "me"
Better sleep finally , at least a little |
My shoulder hurts so badly for a couple of months and my appointment is finally here on Wednesday. Can't wait to see what he says..
My TENS unit. A lifesaver for pain and so inexpensive on Amazon
All of you.
Posted by Krista on 12/31/2018, 12:10 pm, in reply to "Mine"
Glad to hear you have an appointment this week. Any idea what it is? Sorry to hear you are in pain |
No idea Krista 😔
Posted by Cindyh on 1/1/2019, 12:48 am, in reply to "CindyH"
Feel like I'm falling apart|
Let us know what he says
Posted by Krista on 1/2/2019, 5:04 pm, in reply to "No idea Krista 😔"
Hopefully if you need xray or MRI, the wait won't be long. Hope it is something easily solved! Sending positive thoughts! |
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]