Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by shirley on 1/4/2019, 2:02 am
Posted by Delta on 1/4/2019, 2:21 pm, in reply to "Friday's gratefuls"
The craziness that has gone on around here for two months with the renovations and the holidays all careening together is mostly past and things can settle down again. |
I got rid of the WW cake I had made and all the other stuff but peanut brittle, which I don't like and just did not eat any sugar yesterday. With the steroids and antibiotics I can't really taste anything but sweet and bitter so I a ate little else for two days. That started my body hurting all over with inflammation. Had to nip that in the bud fast.
I weighed this morning and the 6 pounds of puffiness I gained after taking the steroid shot is gone. Yay! I was honestly shocked that it all went away after the two-day sugar binge.
I got my son and daughter-in-law two Skinny Taste cookbooks for Christmas. They have already started using it and the pictures of the meals they have been sending look like gourmet meals. They said that everything they have cooked so far has been sooo good. I have the digital copy so I am going to have to try some recipes out. It's all WW friendly recipes.
My washer and dryer. With six people in the house and some having to wear uniforms to school and one having to wear uniforms to work and the work only provides one uniform my washer and dryer get a good work out every day.
Posted by Sue on 1/4/2019, 10:44 am, in reply to "Friday's gratefuls"
Slowly getting the house back in order after Christmas. Everything is now put away. |
Had a fun night at the casino.....won a few dollars and had a wonderful FREE Prime Rib Dinner.
The weather is warming up again. We were able to sit in the yard for an hour or so yesterday afternoon. Sophie (and Bill) were in heaven.
My kids and grands.....love them so much!
Jeans and sweatshirts......my normal attire!
Have I ever mentioned that I love my bed? lol
Re: Friday's gratefuls
Posted by Paula on 1/4/2019, 10:33 am, in reply to "Friday's gratefuls"
Feel a teensy bit better today |
Hot coffee in the morning
Phone didn't get messed up. Through my water bottle into my bag this morning, not realizing that the lid wasn't snapped all the way
Out of here!
Posted by Cindy on 1/4/2019, 9:06 am, in reply to "Friday's gratefuls"
1. I did not get up during the middle of the night and eat something. I got up to go to the bathroom and thought about it-but told myself I didnít need it and went back to bed. |
2. Warmer weather.
3. Getting in the habit of posting my gratitudes from bed before I get up. If I didnít take the time to do this first thing-it wouldnít get done!
4. Itís Friday! The weekend is here.
5. All the blessings I have in my life.
Posted by Beverly on 1/4/2019, 9:38 am, in reply to "My five..."
- my wonderful friends |
- I only had to wait only 20 minutes instead of the 45 minutes said by Social Security. Grateful.
- I have my stomach/abdomen/organ cat scan this week. It's been rescheduled many times.
- pretty picture that my Grandma & Grandpa got in Italy 100 years ago. I have loved looking at it since I was a young girl
- going to make soup today. Have really cooked much in the past 6 weeks
- a start date to get kitchen redo . Listen to this. Our dishwasher broke and leaked all over the kitchen floor. It was damaged. Insurance will pay for new floor. Because our kitchen floor is part of the living room floor, they will put it in there too. Also the bottom cupboards were rotten. Insurance company will replace them. Also, they will replace the upper cabinets too - because they need to match. WOW. So grateful.
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car
Posted by Delta on 1/4/2019, 1:32 pm, in reply to "me"
I hate that your dishwasher messed up and probably created so much stress but I am glad that you are getting a new kitchen and a new floor in the kitchen and living room. |
That happened to one of my clients
Posted by Paula on 1/4/2019, 10:29 am, in reply to "me"
And she got a whole new kitchen, flooring replacement in the living room and hallway and even work on the bathroom under the kitchen! |
Btw, loved the story you told at your mom's service...loved that you told one and loved the one you told!
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 1/4/2019, 7:39 am, in reply to "Friday's gratefuls"
1) 2 more weeks on the radio |
2) surgery in 18 days
3) going over to get my sling for post-op today after work
4) warmer temps today (0-2C)
5) first coffee of day
Posted by shirley on 1/4/2019, 2:16 am, in reply to "Friday's gratefuls"
time out yesterday...love my veggie wraps
looking for a new laptop...the search begins
beverly story telling gift...what a tribute to her mom
my home, God's gift to me
family and friends
my talk with gary yesterday...old friends are the best
my old laptop
true friends and especially those who add beauty to your life...truly a blessing
people who give selflessly
hot and cold water...i do not take simple necessities for granted
clean apartment, clean clothes
the 2nd cup of coffee
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]