Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Gratitude for Sunday
Posted by Beverly on 1/20/2019, 4:26 am
Gratitude for Sunday
Posted by Delta on 1/20/2019, 3:12 pm, in reply to "Gratitude for Sunday "
I need to do this so badly today. I woke up coughing so badly, light-headed, headache, backache, feels like my lungs are getting fluid in them. Reacting to the new medication I think. I looked up the side effects and they are all there. I'll have to call tomorrow and see if I need to stop it or if these symptoms will go away. I didn't take it today. I also checked my weight and I am back to the weight on the 7th. All of last week wiped out. I have gained every day that I have been on the new meds and I have not gone over my points except for some planned weekly points and I have been getting more weeklies and losing up till now. What I really want to do is crawl back into bed and have a pity party. Well, here goes, let's see if I can pull this day out of the gutter. |
(1) We had biggo fluffy snowflakes last night for about an hour and a half until it got to dark to see them. It was too warm until after dark to stick and then it mainly stuck to metal, like the cars and things. By the time the ground got cold enough to stick it was ending so we only had about 1/4" on the ground. Didn't really ever stick to the roads except for bridges and overpasses.
(2) The sun is out and it is looking so pretty out today. Feels warm sitting in the window instead of how cold it was feeling yesterday, even though the temps are about 20 degrees colder today.
(3) The tile layer did such a good job on laying my tiles and the tile we picked out looks even better on the wall and floor than it did in the store. It's just beautiful in there. So soothing too. I am so happy with it. We can't start taking showers in there again on Tuesday night. Can hardly wait. The boys are ready to have their bath back to themselves too.
(4) Hot coffee.
(5) Daughter and the boys cleaned out closets this weekend and have a lot of toys, coats, and clothes to donate and there is so much more room in the closets now.
Re: Gratitude for Sunday
Posted by Lianne on 1/20/2019, 7:40 pm, in reply to " Gratitude for Sunday "
feel better soon my friend. |
I hope you enjoyed the sunny day
Thank you Lianne
Posted by Delta on 1/21/2019, 2:43 pm, in reply to "Re: Gratitude for Sunday "
I did enjoy the sunny day.|
Sending love thoughts and prayers
Posted by Krista on 1/20/2019, 5:39 pm, in reply to " Gratitude for Sunday "
I am so sorry to read everything you are going through! Those are very scary reactions to the meds. I hope they see you quickly and get things straightened out for you, Delta.|
Posted by Delta on 1/21/2019, 2:45 pm, in reply to "Sending love thoughts and prayers"
It was scary to have those reactions. I thought that I was going to have to go to the ER for a while because even with my rescue inhaler I couldn't breathe. It's crazy when that which is supposed to heal us tries to kill us. |
Posted by Cindy on 1/20/2019, 1:11 pm, in reply to "Gratitude for Sunday "
1. Grateful for a program that works and the willingness to work it. |
2. A beautiful sunny day! Cold but the sun is out and I will take it!
3. Ken is starting to feel better. His neurologist suggested he try a new medicine to help with his headaches called Aimovig. It is a shot he takes once a month that is supposed to greatly help with headaches/migraines. He did his first shot Friday and his daily headaches have disappeared! Fingers crossed this will continue working. It is supposed to cut headaches down by 50%. I think this will help his stomach as well as he wonít be taking lots of Excederine and ibuprofen for his headaches, which would upset his stomach! The down side is the cost. Our copay is $249 for 1 shot! We canít afford that, so our dr gave him a sample and then we were approved for 2 more shots free from the company, with paperwork to fill out to get assistance with that copay. We figure by the end of 3 months we will know if it works. Hopefully we can get some help with the copay if it does!
4. My Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll K-cups I found at Kohlís! Such a yummy cup of coffee!
5. I get a 3 day weekend due to my office being closed tomorrow for Martin Luther King Day. Love having an extra day off with Ken!
Re: My five...
Posted by Lianne on 1/20/2019, 7:38 pm, in reply to "My five..."
I sure hope Ken continues to feel better. I remember my husband asking a doctor years ago why two meds and the second med was being prescribed because the first would probably make his stomach hurt...oy |
and the price of drugs..gee don't get me started..it can be awful.
Enjoy your time off with Ken : )
Glad to hear re Ken
Posted by Krista on 1/20/2019, 5:40 pm, in reply to "My five..."
and hopefully something can be worked out with the medication cost. That's so expensive I'm glad something helped and hope it continues too. Poor Ken has been through a lot for way too long.|
Posted by Delta on 1/20/2019, 2:49 pm, in reply to "My five..."
shots will help Ken and you will be able to get them for a cost you can more afford. New meds are crazy costly. I can imagine that the medications for the headaches are affecting his stomach too. When I was having daily headaches I got an ulcer from taking OTC meds for daily headaches. My doctor gave me Axert which worked great for me. I took it every time I got a headache and after three months I was down to taking only 5 or 6 a month then by month 6 I didn't have headaches anymore, which is a good thing because we went into a new year and my insurance stopped paying for it and it was over $600 per month. I went years without another migraine. It's almost like they get a habit of coming and when the habit is broken it loses its grip. I sure hope he finds something that works for him.|
Posted by Paula on 1/20/2019, 11:25 am, in reply to "Gratitude for Sunday "
Really love my car |
Feeling optimistic about my new job...a little nervous but that's ok
A nice little visit with my sister
3 more days at my job
Have had Amazon Prime for years and have never, ever watched any shows or movies on it. Every one at work raves about 'The Amazing Mrs. Maizel" or whatever it's called. Watched a couple episodes...not swept away but will watch a few more. I cuss a lot but it still feels vulgar to me to hear it on TV. Never knew how graphic sex scenes are on non-regular channels or streaming shows. Watched a couple episodes of Outlander and, whoa!
I wouldn't think you
Posted by Lianne on 1/20/2019, 12:41 pm, in reply to "Mine"
were human if you weren't at least a bit nervous about a new job...I hope its wonderful! |
Nice to hear about your car too.
my mom once bought a car in a style that she loved but when she go it she never felt comfortable driving it. She never felt quite in control...so in a month they let her trade it for another.
Feeling secure on the road is huge
Enjoy your Sunday
Posted by sue on 1/20/2019, 10:36 am, in reply to "Gratitude for Sunday "
Two major football games today. The winner of each game will be going to the Super Bowl.... |
Katie & Nick had a fabulous birthday party yesterday despite the horrible weather.
Scott will be here in a few weeks. He's informed me he wants nothing but "healthy" meals. Good to hear....
Nice, Spring-like days we're enjoying.
Beautiful morning skies. Plan to look for the Super Blood Wolf Moon tonight....along with the Lunar Eclipse.
Super Blood Wolf Moon?
Posted by Lianne on 1/20/2019, 12:37 pm, in reply to "A few"
sounds interesting...and kinda scar |
One of my sisters has real super football family so we
always plan a quick trip next weekend between the games.
Some of the
Posted by Sie on 1/20/2019, 12:48 pm, in reply to "Super Blood Wolf Moon?"
Full Moon names are really strange...weird....scary! lol Yep, we sure enjoy our football....the entire family is into it!|
Posted by Beverly on 1/20/2019, 10:19 am, in reply to "Gratitude for Sunday "
Murray is always so busy |
We gave 10 houses on or street. We have 14 children on our street. FUN.😃
A warm cozy house on a very cold & snowy day
We didn't have the Blizzard expected
F. F. Y. I. C. F. C
Posted by Lianne on 1/20/2019, 12:33 pm, in reply to "Mine"
Nice to hear about your cozy house...cozy here too and lucky you have the children..our neighborhood is all grown up..soon it will change over little by little |
Enjoy : )
Posted by Paula on 1/20/2019, 11:17 am, in reply to "Mine"
I've always been so thankful that you two carried on after he left his sales career and he seems happy with what he is doing. |
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 1/20/2019, 9:19 am, in reply to "Gratitude for Sunday "
1) Ray made us breakfast this morning - omelets with veggies and cheese, bacon and toast. We are getting on track tomorrow together |
2) 2 more sleeps 'til surgery
3) Ray will drive me to work today. We're supposed to get 15cm of snow (which really isn't major for here) but then hours of freezing rain so that will be a mess. (The gym has closed about 3 times in the 10 years that I've worked there so I'm not optimistic that it will close today but we shall see )
4) after I work Monday at the radio station that will be 64 consecutive days with only 3 days off (Dec 24th, 25th and 1rst of Jan) I'm thankful for getting to be on the radio all this time but also thankful to have a couple weeks off starting Tuesday
5) all of you and all we've been through together.
#6 - GYM CLOSED soooooooo
Posted by Krista on 1/20/2019, 12:42 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
... an unexpected DAY OFF! WOOOhoo!|
You have the best hubby
Posted by Lianne on 1/20/2019, 12:31 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
but you know that and you are a best wife too! |
I miss Rich taking me to work when the weather was bad. Instead I stay home. he worked a different shift from me so it was great..he was always available.
very icy here but so far I still have power
Ray was asking about you last night
Posted by Krista on 1/20/2019, 12:44 pm, in reply to "You have the best hubby"
It meant so much to us to have you and Rich come all the way for wedding ♥ |
#5 for sure! Made a quick list....
Posted by Paula on 1/20/2019, 11:15 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
Bill and I weren't even married yet when I found Cyber Diet! |
For me....marriage, 3 separations, one divorce, deaths of both of my parents, 4 moves to 2 different states, deaths of 2 kitties and 4 dogs, addition of 4 dogs and 3 kitties, onto my ELEVENTH job, gastric bypass and bilateral knee replacements, 4 trips to Europe...and these are just the high/low lights!
Posted by Beverly on 1/20/2019, 10:06 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
Yes we have been through many many things over the years. The good times and the hard times. The sad times in the Laughing times too. I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. I love you ladies. A special squeeze to you Krista as you get close to your surgery.|
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]