The Coeliac, D H and Gluten Free Message Board
[ Post a Response | The Coeliac, D H and Gluten Free Message Board ]
When posting messages that contain useful information please only use smilies at the start and end of the message to make it easier to copy it to the supplementary board. It is even more helpful if you post a copy of useful information on the supp board yourself.
Losing the plot
Posted by Barb on 5/8/2017, 12:45:28
I'm feeling sorry for myself and don't know where to turn. I have just been told I have retinal vein occlusion and am losing my sight in one eye. There is nothing they can do to restore my sight, but having injections into the eyeball every 4 weeks MAY retain what sight is left.
I have been complaining about this eye for about 3 years, and the consultant added insult to injury by telling me I had left it too long.
My husband is being totally unsympathetic and refusing to drive me to appointments and as we don't live on a bus route (isolated in the country) I have to rely on friends or taxis because the drops in my eyes mean I cannot drive.
OK it could be worse, but having CD and arthritis as well I am, as I say, feeling depressed, annoyed and suicidal in equal parts.
Does anyone else have this problem, and have you found anywhere for help and encouragement. I just cannot stop crying and need help.
- Re: Losing the plot - Lily Paddweller 9/8/2017, 16:15:25
- Re: Losing the plot - Suzy, Dorset 9/8/2017, 15:30:06
- Re: Losing the plot - Jocelyn (D&d) 7/8/2017, 13:14:48
- Re: Losing the plot - AnneB 6/8/2017, 19:34:12
- Re: Losing the plot - nessy 5/8/2017, 20:20:27
- Re: Losing the plot - Sheona (Drossa) 5/8/2017, 19:53:48
- Re: Losing the plot - Jane,Somerset 5/8/2017, 19:34:09
- Re: Losing the plot - Jane, Somerset 5/8/2017, 19:21:56
- Re: Losing the plot - Audrey 5/8/2017, 18:31:12
- Re: Losing the plot - Marina 5/8/2017, 14:43:14
- Re: Losing the plot - Bill D 5/8/2017, 13:10:27