The Coeliac, D H and Gluten Free Message Board
[ Post a Response | The Coeliac, D H and Gluten Free Message Board ]
When posting messages that contain useful information please only use smilies at the start and end of the message to make it easier to copy it to the supplementary board. It is even more helpful if you post a copy of useful information on the supp board yourself.
Posted by HCM on 15/4/2018, 22:50:25
I am writing to let people know that sadly I won’t be carrying on contributing to the board.
We have suffered the tragic loss of our son in his early twenties. He was coeliac, diagnosed when only just at university, after anaemia was discovered. This board helped us with sound advice and support, recipes and tips that helped us to support him back to health. He never really wanted to stand out in any way or be different, so CD came quite hard to him. I am already finding it somehow wrong not to have to follow good GF practice in the kitchen, and passing the freefrom section without having a good snoop around is extremely difficult. One positive is that over £700 has been raised in his memory for Coeliac UK, to help them search out future help and hopefully treatment other than the GF diet.
Thankyou for being such a wonderful community and keep up the good work xx HCM (Honorary Coeliac Mum).
- Re: Sad news - Suzy, Dorset 23/4/2018, 12:12:09
- Re: Sad news - PollyCymru 17/4/2018, 21:59:44
- Re: Sad news - GFT 17/4/2018, 13:21:34
- Re: Sad news - GA Sussex 17/4/2018, 11:28:45
- Re: Sad news - Stella 17/4/2018, 11:18:59
- Re: Sad news - Louisa (Cheshire) 17/4/2018, 9:04:43
- Re: Sad news - Janice 17/4/2018, 8:17:17
- Re: Sad news - Davidmc 16/4/2018, 23:09:01
- Re: Sad news - Em 16/4/2018, 20:17:54
- Re: Sad news - Colin (London) 16/4/2018, 15:18:07
- Re: Sad news - Sue L, Kent 16/4/2018, 15:11:09
- Re: Sad news - Eric L 16/4/2018, 12:56:38
- Re: Sad news - Daffodil 16/4/2018, 12:06:23
- Re: Sad news - Crispy 16/4/2018, 10:41:20
- Re: Sad news - Jocelyn (D&D) 16/4/2018, 10:17:00
- Re: Sad news - Peter (Kates Dad) 16/4/2018, 10:16:50
- Re: Sad news - Marina 16/4/2018, 10:11:59
- Re: Sad news - Carly 16/4/2018, 9:20:35
- Re: Sad news - Sheona (Drossa) 16/4/2018, 8:23:13
- Re: Sad news - PaulG 16/4/2018, 8:09:27
- Re: Sad news - Deb 15/4/2018, 23:45:39
- Re: Sad news - Francis 15/4/2018, 23:35:51