Had some success today. Finally tracked down antibiotics for him 'amyxocillian' and the right dosage 0.1ml.
His breakage is about 3 inches from the end, it is half snapped off... It's gone dry and brittle and seems to be breaking off itself. I just couldn't do it. I had a knife ready and he just sat there letting me hold his tail and looked at me with complete trust... I just couldn't do it.
I tried to feel for the natural break but couldn't feel anything.
I'm hoping it will be either break off naturally or easier tomorrow.
I bathed it with iodine, gave him some antibiotics and he
seemed to perk up abit and actually ate more today.
The vet will be back on Tuesday so I am hoping it will break off on its own and I can control the infection until she can amputate above the infection properly with pain relief for him, it seems so gruesome to do it without and if I get the wrong place it will have to be done twice. My poor little thing has been through some much already.. Broken ribs, chewed infected tail, broken toes, and ones pull off, I just can't bear to inflict any more on him.... Plus he's trusts me completely, don't want to lose that.
Reading other people's posts I think I'm lucky really. He climbs on my shoulder and likes to be stroked before bed, he lets me clip his claws without flinching, never swipes me or puffs up, let me syringe antibiotics into his mouth today. He's about a year and a half so I'm hoping he won't get grumpy and aggressive with me. Although he is to other people, especially males.
I know I have to be cruel to be kind, but here's hoping it will snap off . See how it is tomorrow.
I will ditch the cream... Thanks.